UTORRENT STOPPED DOWNLOADING NEW FILES

elitejustice

**HELP ME PLEASE!**

I am running utorrent 3.4.3 (build 40760) on a 64 bit, Windows 8.1 Professional desktop computer.   For some reason (as of today) utorrent is no longer downloading files to the utorrent directory.

I have selected new torrent files that appear in my "temp" folder as is normal.   I double click the file and the utorrent client opens up and then nothing.  Normally, the file would start downloading.  I am getting no error messages, and nothing happens other than the fact that the utorrent client opens.  All of my other files are seeding correctly, but nothing happens when I try to add any new torrent files. (if the utorrent client is already open and I click to add a new torrent file, the titlebar for the utorrent client  flashes once as if something has happened but no changes are being done (that I can see).

Utorrent appears to be working normally, all of my Windows updates are installed, and nothing else appears wrong with my computer.  I even tried disabling my firewall and still nothing.  I have uninstalled the utorrent client and have restarted my computer.

#BaffledandConfused! :(

Sounds like ISP throttle.....? Have you tried to download another file like Open Office torrent to see what happens? If you try that and it still doesn't work there good chances your ISP throttle your torrent activities. And if your other Browser usage works fine and nothing slows down that is also tells of ISP throttles only torrent activities not browsing activities.

The problem I found out is, for some strange reason, Norton has blocked this site. Go to "Settings" "Firewall" "Program Control" and scroll down to the last two Programs "Utorrent" and change "Block" to "Allow" on both. And Hey Presto it will now work. :D

That is if they use Norton but they don't mention it and til they tell us I would get rid of Norton bloat.....

The problem I found out is, for some strange reason, Norton has blocked this site. Go to "Settings" "Firewall" "Program Control" and scroll down to the last two Programs "Utorrent" and change "Block" to "Allow" on both. And Hey Presto it will now work. :D

I don't use Norton.  I do however use ESET Smart Security.  I had subsequently disabled the firewall and still had the same issues.

However, I also found out that I could manually add torrents.   I was able to add new torrents by clicking "file" + "add torrents"   The torrents seemed to download and seed normally just like the rest of the 100+ torrents that I am seeding.

Maybe there are just some mysteries in life that were not meant to be understood. (like Stonehenge....lol)

Anyway....Windows 10 will be on my PC soon.  So I'll see what happens once I have a new O.S. installed.

Reading your last post I see you have the same problem as mine....The point is not the new files but only the window with the options for the files, i disabled it in settings and now at least the torrent are in list when i open them. I modify the options path, name etc later.

So isn't only my computer with this problem....did you updated some program before this problem? maybe we have the same program that causes this annoying problem....I have AVG as antivirus and I think I updated windows, chrome and java before this thing appeared.....

Archived