Spyware on DL from utorrent.com

oSLEVINo

post-389518-0-30107800-1437959115_thumb.

Not sure but I DL'd utorrent from utorrent.com and ALL anti virus software states it's malware. 

Any help would be appreciated. This is after I had to reload Mac OS X Yosemite onto my Macbook Pro due to the first time...with no AV software.

EDIT: (27Jul15 1005) I cannot reply so I have to edit the post. I found that DL'ing the 1.6.5 stable version doesn't have the malware issue. No Virus popups no malware reported. Just FYI not sure about the upgrade though, so for now I'll be staying with the 1.6.5 build.

eset smart security detects it as opencadny PUP

28/7/2015 1:40:33 πμ Real-time file system protection file C:\Users\alexios\AppData\Local\Temp\zeps29WO.exe.part a variant of Win32/OpenCandy.C potentially unsafe application cleaned by deleting - quarantined ALEXIOS-PC\alexios Event occurred on a file modified by the application: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.
28/7/2015 1:40:20 πμ HTTP filter file http://download-new.utorrent.com/os/windows/track/stable/endpoint/utorrenta variant of Win32/OpenCandy.C potentially unsafe application connection terminated - quarantined alexios-pc\alexios Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.

the developers dont care to remove opencandy and findanother way to earn money. the entire exe is marked as unwanted.

i had to open a previous system image to copy an earlier version not being flagged by my AV.

Archived