Torrents with Bencoding errors - SOLVED

joshace

Although Utorrent is the best torrent client out there, it does have one annoying problem:

Occasionally, you may encounter an error saying you have an "invalid torrent due to Bencoding error in path" or some such message.

I have found a way to fix this error with the Bencode editor...  however,  this error could be eliminated by the utorrent program itself. 

If one of the gods of programming could email me or contact me some way, I can show you the problem and how to fix it. 

I have "before" and "after" versions of a torrent file, and the fix is obvious once you compare them.

I have "before" and "after" versions of a torrent file, and the fix is obvious once you compare them.

If it is that simple, why wouldn't you just post your example, and explain it here, so the devs can use the info for a fix?

Although Utorrent is the best torrent client out there, it does have one annoying problem:

Occasionally, you may encounter an error saying you have an "invalid torrent due to Bencoding error in path" or some such message.

I have found a way to fix this error with the Bencode editor...  however,  this error could be eliminated by the utorrent program itself. 

If one of the gods of programming could email me or contact me some way, I can show you the problem and how to fix it. 

I use the older version and get none of what your saying. So your conclusion is incomplete to say-since you post no link or site no one can repeat your same error to backup what your saying. Also what it sounds like more your getting bad torrents links or fake torrents and then blaming utorrent for the problem. Why don't you contact the torrent creator and ask them what is going on with their torrent file-but I already know you will never do that because it most likely isn't a legit torrent aka Open Office torrent. When I asked for the link the poster goes quiet as we know what kinda torrent they are downloading.

Well, considering Utorrent is the ONLY torrent client that has this problem, I think it should be fixed. 

I have attached a capture of the change that needs to be made because only a special bencode editor can view torrent files.

Basically, the blank line needs to be ignored by utorrent. 

In fact, it could be easier than that.  Utorrent might already be able to handle blank lines, but the problem is that the program is treating it as an error, when it is not.

If the fix is what I think it is, the fix MUST come from the other side. The side making the torrent.

It's not something we need to fix.

post-315870-0-78699400-1444218380_thumb.

Archived