best ports for Utorrent??

Sheriff

Hi everybody

I have a connection through a router (SMC7204BRA), I forwarded the port 16881, for the last few months it was working fine, but 2 days ago, whenever I open the utorrent there the red sign telling "Listen error, you should change the listen port". it is strange cause I changed nothing in the configuration, I am using a static IP address, the port forwarded (16881)in the router is the same as the one I put in the utorrent.

However, I would like to know what is the best port or range of ports that work the best with the Utorrent?? I tried the port 49152 before & even recently but without success, & recently it give me the same red sign "Listen error, you should change the listen port".

Looking forward to receiving your kind help.

No my IP address is the same, nothing changed.

I do not think that my ISP is hostile to bitTorrent traffic, cause as I mentioned in my previous mail that I had no problems for months, then all of a sudden the red sign appear for the last 2 days saying "Listen error, you should change the listen port"

Would you please tell me what is the best ports range for utorrent, or what is the best port to forward?

Thanks in advance

Sheriff, your internet ip changed between the 2 posts you made on this thread.

This should have no effect on a fixed LAN ip though.

Any port above 10000 that is forwarded properly on your router (if you have one) should be just fine.

Your ISP may have changed its policy towards file-sharing.

Have you done a search for others having the same problems, both here and via GOOGLE?

Archived