Error with no error listed in status

chris98891

Hey guys, i just recently started getting a problem with utorrent. i get this screen:

sc9g8z.jpg

which shows the torrents have an error but there is no error listed in the status of the torrent. from what i've read, this is a problem with an isp, as the program will only download for a few mins, usually to a little over 3 mb.

this problem also coincides with recent occurences on my computer, with disappearing menus, icons, blacking out folders, and disappearing text on web pages, basically until the computer becomes unusable. I can't see a relation between the two, but ive scanned the computer in safe mode and out of safe mode with every program i can think of, and it hasnt picked a single thing up.

any solutions to my download issues? i have plenty of seeds and the trackers are up, but i just cant get it sorted out, as it happens with every torrent from every tracker.

i've also already tried uninstalling and reinstalling utorrent.

That screen is really no help. It's the "thumbnail" for whatever service you're using tinyimg.... a link to the full screen cap would at least make the text readable ;)

As far as no ERROR description... if you start the torrent does it go? What about right click force recheck? I can't tell if it's red arrow or X, so if it's the arrow, you click the torrent to bringup the tracker status.

weird-doesnt show up as a thumbnail for me, ill take another one

2lutjbn.jpg

and a clickable thumbnail, just in case

backgroundresizedfd9.th.jpg

the warning is a red X, not an arrow. trackers seem fine to me. if i start a torrent, it will run for a little bit, then give the same error. the same thing happens if i try to restart the torrent. the bad thing is, the time varies on when it shuts down. i've had them all go down within seconds, and i've had them last for hours, so no correlation that i can see relating to time or anything.

also, here is what my pictures folder looks like, just to show the "blacking out" of random folders.

1zr2mh2.jpg

(the xp toolbar is because i uninstalled vista inspirat to see if it was the problem--it wasnt)

yep, thats kaspersky. ill turn on logging and let utorrent run all night and see what it brings up, will i be able to access previous logs on restart?

heres the hijackthis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 10:53:16 PM, on 4/21/2008

Platform: Windows XP SP3, v.3264 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16608)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ACS.exe

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0\avp.exe

C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE

C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\IoctlSvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

c:\TOSHIBA\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\TiVo Shared\Beacon\TiVoBeacon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe

C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe

C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Tvs\TvsTray.exe

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSMain.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Touch and Launch\PadExe.exe

C:\Program Files\Mobile Action\Bluetooth Manager\MaBtSh.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskswitch.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe

C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0\avp.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\Program Files\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe

C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\TiVo Shared\Transfer\TiVoTransfer.exe

C:\Program Files\TiVo\Desktop\TiVoNotify.exe

C:\Program Files\TiVo\Desktop\TiVoServer.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSBattM.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\BricoPacks\Vista Inspirat 2\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe

C:\Program Files\DesktopEarth\DesktopEarth.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe

C:\Program Files\Trillian\trillian.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe

C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe

C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Chris King

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.0.1225.9868\swg.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THotkey] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tvs] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Tvs\TvsTray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PINGER] c:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe /run

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPSMain] TPSMain.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFncKy] TFncKy.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PadTouch] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Touch and Launch\PadExe.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MaBtSh] C:\Program Files\Mobile Action\Bluetooth Manager\MaBtSh.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CoolSwitch] C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskswitch.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0\avp.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NBKeyScan] "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBKeyScan.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NeroCheck.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PeerGuardian] C:\Program Files\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TivoTransfer] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\TiVo Shared\Transfer\TiVoTransfer.exe" /service /registry /auto:TivoTransfer

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TivoNotify] "C:\Program Files\TiVo\Desktop\TiVoNotify.exe" /service /registry /auto:TivoNotify

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TivoServer] "C:\Program Files\TiVo\Desktop\TiVoServer.exe" /service /registry /auto:TivoServer

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [indxStoreSvr_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe" ASO-616B5711-6DAE-4795-A05F-39A1E5104020

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RocketDock] "C:\WINDOWS\BricoPacks\Vista Inspirat 2\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe"

O4 - Startup: Check for ContinuumClient Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Quote.com\ContinuumClient\WiseUpdt.exe

O4 - Startup: RocketDock.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\BricoPacks\Vista Inspirat 2\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe

O4 - Global Startup: DesktopEarth AutoStart.lnk = ?

O4 - Global Startup: RAMASST.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Windows Desktop Search.lnk.disabled

O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Anti-Banner - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0\ie_banner_deny.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O8 - Extra context menu item: Save with Download Manager... - file://C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\DMDownload.htm

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: Web Anti-Virus statistics - {1F460357-8A94-4D71-9CA3-AA4ACF32ED8E} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0\SCIEPlgn.dll

O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll

O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart

O16 - DPF: RaptisoftGameLoader - http://www.miniclip.com/haphazard/raptisoftgameloader.cab

O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204

O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} -

O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1201125165250

O16 - DPF: {A90A5822-F108-45AD-8482-9BC8B12DD539} (Crucial cpcScan) - http://crucial.com/controls/cpcScanner.cab

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{B29F2919-1677-4775-B187-E020D962861A}: NameServer = 24.197.97.136,24.197.97.132

O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: cru629.dat

O20 - Winlogon Notify: loctil - loctil.dll (file missing)

O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe

O23 - Service: Atheros Configuration Service (ACS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ACS.exe

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

O23 - Service: Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 (AVP) - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0\avp.exe

O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe

O23 - Service: DVD-RAM_Service - Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe

O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe

O23 - Service: Google Desktop Manager 5.7.801.1629 (GoogleDesktopManager-010108-205858) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe

O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: Microsoft System Management - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\system.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3 - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe

O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe

O23 - Service: PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service - Prolific Technology Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\IoctlSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Swupdtmr - Unknown owner - c:\TOSHIBA\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe

O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Application Service (TAPPSRV) - TOSHIBA Corp. - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe

O23 - Service: TiVo Beacon (TivoBeacon2) - TiVo Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\TiVo Shared\Beacon\TiVoBeacon.exe

O23 - Service: TuneUp Drive Defrag Service (TuneUp.Defrag) - TuneUp Software GmbH - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TuneUpDefragService.exe

--

End of file - 11326 bytes

i also went in and turned on verbose in the reg, should i just wait until i get the problem to post up the results?

Turn on log to file ;) in the dialog type "MY\path\to\logfile.youwant" :D then say OK. It will log all data until it is stopped (open dialog again, press OK to a blank path) or uT is stopped. I'm not sure you'll want to have ALL logging on :/ as that may take up megs of space ... especially if you log peer traffic, but Errors should be enough. If you want to be safe turn on Errors and Verbose.

:/ Well before that, try turning off those nero processes... Do you know what O23 - Service: PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service - Prolific Technology Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\IoctlSvc.exe is?

Is that O23 - Service: TuneUp Drive Defrag Service (TuneUp.Defrag) - TuneUp Software GmbH - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TuneUpDefragService.exe-- set to run automatically? Also GDS is on http://utorrent.com/faq.php#Incompatible_software can you try closing it?

I asked about KIS because there's an error apparently in the patch they pushed out.. iirc it was 7.0.0.125 and the 7.0.1.435 didn't fix it for all people.

ALSO, note

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: cru629.dat

O20 - Winlogon Notify: loctil - loctil.dll (file missing)

looks like you were infected with something nasty... appinit is only for those sticky buggers or that WGA >< Please use caution and run anti-mal/ad/spyware and rootkit detection :/

from what i can tell (and what google can tell) Service: PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service - Prolific Technology Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\IoctlSvc.exe is related to the detection of flash drives, which makes sense because i switch between like 10 flash drives all day.

23 - Service: TuneUp Drive Defrag Service (TuneUp.Defrag) - TuneUp Software GmbH - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TuneUpDefragService.exe is set to run automatically through tuneup utilities 2008

the KIS version i have is 7.0.1.325, and i was forced to restart not too long ago by an update for kaspersky, so the problem with the patch could be a possibility, should i reinstall?

and none of my spyware programs--kaspersky, adaware, malwarebytes, spybot, ccleaner,tuneup, and the occasional avgfree have picked up the error, can i manually take care of it?

and you have no idea how much i appreciate all your help, you are truely awesome for taking all this time to help me! thanks!

With those messages you should just be able to use HJT to "fix" aka remove them.

As far as KIS, I'm not sure. If you check the kaspersky forum you will see this is known... I'm not sure if they require anything from people with problems with the 7.0.1 update. To isolate that as the problem though you'd need to uninstall.

Before you do that lets' see if you can get it to error out first... you said sometimes it happened nigh immediately?

Also, did you notice if it happens to ALL torrent files, or just say audio or video or EXEs.... Can you test it with the rather small OpenOffice http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ ??

In any case, quite welcome :D Things like this are intriguing. Cheers to fixing it promptly.

i'll try to find out about kaspersky.

as far as when it happens, it varies from immediately to hours from when utorrent opens, and i cant notice a pattern because they all stop at the same time, regardless of file type.

openoffice is downloading right now, 250kb/s and no errors, but unfortunately ill have to wait until i get the error that shuts down all of the torrents before i can see if its immune.

i'll have to wait until the morning, however, as i have school tomorrow and can't stop sniffling and sneezing--i could use the rest. i'll let utorrent run all night and post my findings tomorrow during/after school.

thanks again, you have no idea how much i appreciate this!

Archived