multilabel to disable

vrm

I mean I can't find any option to disable multi labelling in utorrent 3.

Every time when I change the label of a torrent, I still see it within its original label in webui. When I check it in utorrent, I see it has two labels and I have to remove one of them. Very inconvenient.

Latest version, v0.382 (2011-05-28)

Ultima said: "µTorrent 3.0 introduced multi-label support, but it isn't properly exposed via its WebUI backend. As such, label support is slightly broken."

So I have to revert back to 2.2.1 :(

Requesting the ability to disable multi-label support doesn't help matters at all -- users who want to use WebUI and multiple labels still wouldn't be able to use it properly.

Properly exposing multi-label support in the WebUI backend is the correct way forward.

• 1 month later...

I do not use WebUI, but I also would like to have the ability to disable multi-label. I liked the old method and I have a system that works very will with it. However, now it's annoying that I have to set the new label, then go back and unset the old one. Even if it was a option hidden away in the advanced menu that defaults to the multi-label enabled I would be happy, I just want a toggle.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just registered for this exact request.

I'm using the label to monitor which of my rss' videos i've wached or not. As each video is just a few minutes in length, those two steps of switching between one label and another is pretty annoying.

Please make this optional and let us use the single label.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I registered here only to agree with this.

Please give us an option to disable it! I don't care if you hide it away under the advanced options, just please make it somehow possible to go back to the old way for the labels.

I use uTorrent a lot and it is really frustrating to always have to do the same action twice. I really regret upgrading to uTorrent 3, and I'm thinking of downgrading solely because of this new "feature".

I understand that some might like it, but definitely not everyone, so please please give us an option other than a downgrade to remove it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have spent a LONG time putting up with this terrible feature. I am aware SOME people like it, and want to use it. All I want is the ability to disable it.

Why is there an entire thread devoted to this, and yet new updates come out all of the time without a resolution to this simple feature request.

Perhaps I need to start using an open source product with which I can make changes myself when required. Or find another tool altogether whose developers respond/listen to user feature requests.

I know for a fact that I would NEVER consider buying the pro version of a piece of software whose developers seem to not listen to ongoing requests made for almost the last 2 years.

Smarten up guys... you are losing sales.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm using multiple labels. So I guess you need two "modes" - multi, and exclusive/single . Since reverting between the two can be a problem for existing torrents that are already labeled, I suggest to apply it only for new labels (making the labels context menu - operation behave differently).

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has there been a resolution to this yet? I'm still using a version 2 build because this multilabeling drives me nutz. I have thousands of torrents and have to change labels on many of them on a day to day basis. This multilabeling has made things a nightmare for me, so I had to downgrade and cease upgrading.

Archived