Guide: (µT 2.2, 3.0) Colour-coded Status column

With this skin/addition you can have a color-coded status column, where a different status has a different color (most of the time).

Color_Coded_Status.png

The right column in the above image shows which color property in the skin file is used to color the element shown in the left column (see the code below). For 'Downloading' and 'Seeding', the first color shows when things are normal, and the second color shows when there is some error.

If you're not using any skin in the new format (just plain vanilla uTorrent; not sure? see below), you can just download this file which I have created:

Color_Coded_Status_Column_in_uTorrent.btskin

Double-click on the file to install the skin (if the file type is associated with uTorrent) or drag and drop the file onto your uTorrent window. You will have to restart uTorrent for the skin to take effect.

My skin here will only change the colors of the status column. The rest of uTorrent 3.0 will look exactly like uTorrent 3.0.

If you're currently using a skin in new format (not sure? see below) you have to modify your existing skin file unless you don't mind losing your current uTorrent look. Find the skin file (see below) and open it in 7-Zip or WinRAR. (You may want to back-up your skin file before proceeding.) If you find a file named btskin (no extension), drag it out to a temporary location, then edit it in Notepad. If there's no such file, then create a file btskin using Notepad (remember to avoid the .txt extension). Change or add the following lines to this text file:

progress_bar_bg:EBEBEB
queued_progress:FFB27F
download_progress:84C2FF
downerr_progress:FF7F7F
stopped_progress:FFD800
paused_progress:8D1C10
queued_incomplete_progress:ABD679
seed_progress:86C43F
seederr_progress:FF6A00
finished_progress:3399FF
error_progress:FF0000

Once saved, just drag and drop the new btskin file in the 7-Zip or WinRAR window and allow overwriting existing file in the skin file archive. Restart uTorrent for changes to take effect.

Tip: Don't have a suitable archive manager such as 7-Zip or WinRAR? You can rename the skin file to current.zip and make changes using the ZIP support of Windows. Just remember to rename it back to current.btskin.

If you're not sure whether you're using a skin in the new format, just open the %AppData%\uTorrent folder (or wherever your uTorrent settings.dat is) and check if you have a file named current.btskin. This is your skin file that you have to modify.

Hope you like it! Feel free to ask any questions.

Edit: Added note about dual colors of some statuses.

Edit: Changed to Dropbox hosting.

• 2 months later...

What color palette should be used for the Progress Bars?

I tried code from http://www.december.com/html/spec/colorsafe.html but they don't seem to work.

queued_progress:33FF99

download_progress:3333FF

downerr_progress:990000

paused_progress:CCFF33

seederr_progress:006600

finished_progress:00FFFF

error_progress:660000

Thanks! :)

• 3 weeks later...

@Death Stalker

I have had just the same problem.

My solution:

"current.btskin" was not recognized by uTorrent (I have been using WinRAR with max compression), than I compressed "btskin" (with WinRAR) this time to ZIP with "normal" compression and now it is recognized and it is working!

Best regards from Slovenia (and sorry if there are mistakes in my english language)

• 1 month later...
A little dissapointed that the color of the download and finished are both blue similar to the original problem of seeding and downloading both being green.

You can choose any other HEX code for the colour you want. Just find out the hex code in this page and input it for download_progress or finished_progress when you make changes according to my original post. Be sure to remove the # sign though. I'm not sure if capitalizing is necessary, but you may do it to be safe.

You can also find other hex code tools online. They all work just as fine as the one I linked above.

In my original colour set, I have attempted to differentiate download and finished by choosing a light blue colour and a dark blue colour. This, combined with the partial filling of the download bar, provides enough differentiation for me. I'm sorry it doesn't work well for you, but you can easily choose different colours.

Cant get it to work after I edit it with notepad. I save it as current.btskin and overwrite the original, but then when I open utorrent its back to the original way it was without the btskin. Any idea what im doing wrong?

I think you're not following the steps on my original post correctly. You only have to open the "current.btskin" file in 7-Zip, drag out the "btskin" file and edit the dragged out temporary copy. Once that is done, drag the temporary copy back to 7-Zip as described below. [You don't have to overwrite the current.btskin archive file at all!]

Once saved, just drag and drop the new btskin file in the 7-Zip or WinRAR window and allow overwriting existing file in the skin file archive. Restart uTorrent for changes to take effect.

I also think you'll have to do my modifications from start (incorporating your own in the appropriate place) because it sounds that you replaced your current.btskin archive file with the btskin text file which is supposed to be inside the archive file.

If nothing else works, try downloading my current.btskin file and starting over. First, place it with your uTorrent, then restart and see if you can change to my colour scheme. If successful, proceed to opening the current.btskin in 7-Zip and dragging out the btskin file to edit it as described above.

Also, please paste your edited text in your next reply, so that I can check if there are problems with your edit.

Hello.

I made one skin for utorrent 3.0 build 26473 (32-bits version). I managed to change all the colors I wanted, least these two : finished_progress:86c440 and finished_progress_text:666666. I have tried many combinations of colors, but always this color is blue : finished_progress and this one always is white : finished_progress_text. The problem may be that I have installed windows 7 Enterprise 64-bits and always these two colors go out like that by default?. When I select an item from the list of downloads also always appears in blue.

Thanks and regards.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I chosed these colors on my progress bars.

The text looks ugly because I only made a quick edit of the image.

Btw, like jmblazquezh I can't get finished_progress_text:666666 to work either.

oKEZN.png

These color settings are based on user Rafi's "v3.0 color's skin v2.x-style" =

*corrected my color settings

download_progress:86C43F
seed_progress:3399FF
paused_progress:CCCCFF
stopped_progress:FF7F7F
downerr_progress:ff3333
error_progress:ff3333
finished_progress:F5D000
queued_progress:BCBCBC
queued_incomplete_progress:3399ff
download_progress_text:666666
seed_progress_text:666666
paused_progress_text:666666
stopped_progress_text:666666
downerr_progress_text:666666
seederr_progress_text:666666
error_progress_text:666666
finished_progress_text:666666
queued_progress_text:666666
queued_incomplete_progress_text:666666
upload_rate_limit:800000
download_rate_limit:008000
upload_rate_payload:ff0000
download_rate_payload:00ff00
upload_rate_local:ff7070
download_rate_local:70ff70
upload_rate_overhead:800000
download_rate_overhead:008000
tcp_upload_limit:803080
tcp_download_limit:308080
tcp_upload_rate:803080
tcp_download_rate:308080
player_send_rate:d0d000
ack_upload:ff0000
ack_download:00ff00
header_upload:ff7070
header_download:70ff70
connect_upload:ff8888
connect_download:88ff88
close_upload:ff6000
close_download:60ff00
retransmission_upload:600000
retransmission_download:006000
cache_reading:800000
file_reading:ff0000
cache_writing:008000
file_writing:00ff00
eye_piece:ffffff
cursor_piece:0000ff
deadline_piece:00ff00
hole_piece:00ffff
ghost_piece:ff0000
prio_window_start:ff00ff
prio_window_end:ffff00
total_pieces:7f7f7f
critical requests:00007f
critical requests cancelled:007f00
non-critical requests:007f7f
buffer_size:7f0000
secs_ahead_of_ghost:7f007f
secs_ahead_of_eye:7f7f00
secs_of_underrun:0f0f0f
peak_send_delay:800000
avg_send_delay:ff0000
min_send_delay:800000
peak_recv_delay:008000
avg_recv_delay:00ff00
min_recv_delay:008000
target_delay:aaaaaa
graph_bg:000040
graph_border:c0c0ff
graph_text:ffffff
graph_ruler:20209f
graph_legend_bg:000020
graph_legend_text:e0e0ff
pieces_have:5050ff
pieces_dont_have:f0f0ff
pieces_unavailable:ff0000
pieces_requested:60ff60
stream_progress:3acc33
search_border:99cc33
piece_idle:ffffff
piece_written:0000ff
piece_writing:6060ff
piece_multi_request:c0ffc0
piece_streaming:00b0b0
piece_cancelled:ffff00
piece_requested:c0c0ff
sched_full_speed:00a800
sched_limited:8dce8d
sched_turn_off:ffffff
sched_seed_only:ffc0c0
list_background:ff00ff
list_alternate_background:f0f0f0
list_text:ff00ff
sidebar_background:ff00ff
sidebar_text:ff00ff
sidebar_sep_line_gradient_start:bfbfbf
sidebar_sep_line_gradient_end:bfbfbf
sidebar_sep_shadow_gradient_start:f9f9f9
sidebar_sep_shadow_gradient_end:ffffff
drop_zone_background:ff00ff
drop_zone_text:ff00ff
menu_background:ff00ff
toolbar_background:ff00ff
find_pane_background:ffffff
find_pane_search_btn_background:ffffff
find_pane_text:000000
find_pane_subtext:787878
download_list_highlight:787878
healthbar:00853f
healthbar_bg:cccbcb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
which property corresponds to Force Seeding and Force Downloading ?

I'd like to change colors when torrent its [F] Seeding and when it's Seeding. And the same to Downloading.

Thx in advance

I don't think it's supported. Both [F] Seeding and Seeding use the same colour (the colour for Seeding). Same for Downloading. Sorry - maybe you could put in a feature request. For me the [F] is quite enough to differentiate, plus I almost never force torrents.

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I don't speak perfectly english so excuse me for the inconvenience of my language...

How to recognize each proprety of each lines ? I would like to change color text and many things but I don't know how to identificate them exactly in my

Is there any tutorial (I mean for ALL lines, not only for bars) please ?

I hope you can understand my request.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I tried and followed step by step whatever it is given, but unfortunately I could not change to my changed/desired colors in utorrent. Can any body help me by uploading screens along with step by step guidelines or instructions. Or anybody can help me in my PC through Teamviewer. I will be very thankful and grateful to you.

Thanks again in advance. 

• 4 months later...

Of note, you can use the "old" torrent skins that implement the changing of ONLY the icons in the toolbar, and "add" the btskin file found within the "current.btskin" (if there is one) in the appdata/roaming/utorrent folder (Windows 7).

If you have a .btskin file, all you need to do is double click on it no matter what directory it is in, and it will create a "current.btskin" in the roaming/utorrent folder. Those old skins only have 3 bitmaps in them, and if you unrar them, and then add the btskin to all 3 files, x.bmp + y.bmp + z.bmp + btskin (that contains the lines below for instance):

queued_progress:FFB27F
download_progress:84C2FF
downerr_progress:FF7F7F
paused_progress:8D1C10
finished_progress:3399FF
error_progress:FF0000

Zip those 4 files, and rename the resulting zip file "current.btskin" and place it in the roaming/utorrent folder.

When utorrent is restarted, not only will the toolbar be how you want it, but the progree bars will have your colors.

:)

• 9 months later...

Archived