Setting resume time for "Stop transfers on user interaction"?

XIII

Hi,

Is it possible to change the time for resuming torrents when enabling the "Stop transfers on user interaction" option? It resumes downloads after computer is idle only for about 20 seconds... which means, if I want to watch streamed video I need to move my mouse every 20 seconds for it to load smoothly.

I have a really, really horrible connection, so this feature really would be a god-send right now, ONLY if I could change the resume time to be longer. I'd actually like if it was something like 30minutes. So if I go out or sleep, it will start downloading.

I tried to find something under advanced preferences, but didn't find anything. Help?

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the resurrection but I thought this would be better than starting a new thread about the same thing.

The "Stop transfers on user interaction" option doesn't have information about it in the preferences bandwidth help section in uTorrent.

Sorry for the resurrection but I thought this would be better than starting a new thread about the same thing.

The "Stop transfers on user interaction" option doesn't have information about it in the preferences bandwidth help section in uTorrent.

Steaming and Utorrenting are two different animals... and don't related the same. So that's why you haven't heard anything on the posting. Either stream or utorrent. Trying to watch a torrent file before it's done will corrupted it and render it useless. So either let it finish or get the true Stream and be done with it.

if I want to watch streamed video I need to move my mouse every 20 seconds for it to load smoothly.

I have a really, really horrible connection, so this feature really would be a god-send right now, ONLY if I could change the resume time to be longer. I'd actually like if it was something like 30minutes. So if I go out or sleep, it will start downloading.

Put this way if your trying to watch a torrent movie file at the same time you will get slow down and jerky motion as it is trying to play and download the same file at the same time. Trying to access the file at the same time your downloading it - is the reason why your getting jerky motions with it. And your own commment should tell you that you should let it finish before watching it. So let it finish then watch it.

Archived