µTorrent 3.1.1 beta (build 26674)

Firon

We're continuing to improve the µTorrent product with performance enhancements and bugfixes. This release focuses solely on core improvements. No new features are planned.

Download the new version now!

Release highlights:

• Fix: disk caching and hashing issues

Changelog:

-- 2012-01-21: Version 3.1.1 beta (build 26674)

- Fix: Auto shutdown

- Fix: fixed torrent list refresh issue when deleting torrents

- Fix: fixed peers column not updating in torrent list

- Fix: fixed save dir column not being updated

-- 2012-01-17: Version 3.1.1 beta (build 26666)

- Fix: fix issue where single-file torrents with a .exe file would have the wrong icon in minified mode

- Fix: Disk caching and hashing issues

- Fix: crash when closing "Add Torrent" dialog

- Fix: When resetting columns, the AV column wouldn't show up

- Fix: The AV column always appeared after re-sizing or restarting utorrent even when disabled

- Fix: Fix an issue when resetting columns in main torrent listview

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Utorrent crash each time i change the priorty of the file in the "files" tabs...

Had to back to 3.1 estable (b 26650 )

Do you have fine-grained priorities enabled?

Also, do you have the dmp file itself? Email it to me, firon at utorrent dot com.

Utorrent crash each time i change the priorty of the file in the "files" tabs...

Had to back to 3.1 estable (b 26650 )

Do you have fine-grained priorities enabled?

Also' date=' do you have the dmp file itself? Email it to me, firon at utorrent dot com.[/quote']

I don't know where to look for the dump file, Utorrent just give me 3 options after the crash, Send Dump to Utorrent development ( there where i cliked ), Dont send nothing and relaunch UT or Dont relaunch utorrent and send a dump file to dev team ( Also clicked there )

I'm donwloading A seire called John Doe, since the torrent is kinda dead ( No seeds ) I'be set up the priority to high ( 15 ) for ep 1 then low ( 1 ) to ep2, after ep1 finish, i change the priority of ep 1 to normal ( 8 ) and ep2 to high and ep3 to low

Now, now matter what priority i assig, UT CTD,

"Disable Windows caching of disk writes" enabled by default. Thx for this :)

Same problem here. Fine-grained priorities > Enabled

26666-utorrent.d498.dmp

Fine-grained priorities > Disabled - works fine

It works now, never saw that options, so disabling the "fine Grained priorities" wont crash anymore UT while i change the prioritys on the files tab

Thanks

"Disable Windows caching of disk writes" enabled by default. Thx for this :)

Same problem here. Fine-grained priorities > Enabled

26666-utorrent.d498.dmp

Fine-grained priorities > Disabled - works fine

It works now' date=' never saw that options, so disabling the "fine Grained priorities" wont crash anymore UT while i change the prioritys on the files tab

Thanks[/quote']

This has been fixed and will be in the next build.

I am getting crashes when changing the label of a torrent in the pop up window thingy. I can change other things, like download directory, without problems. And changing Label of the torrent in utorrent window itself works just fine. I only get the crash from the window that pops up when first adding a torrent, if I change the label and click ok. Was working fine in previous release. Sent dump thingy to developer. not sure how to add it here or I would.

Haven't mentioned this in a while and it still annoys me........

"When I have a downloading torrent highlighted and am showing the files/trackers/whatever down below, I used to be able to click in an open spot on the dowload window to un-highlight the downloading torrent and therefore also stop showing the files/tracker/whatever down below......not anymore. Now I can un-highlight the torrent but it continues to show the files/trackers/whatever below. This is really only an issue for me if I have hidden downloads....I can leave the "hidden" labeled torrents but if I have, at any point, highlighted one of them, and I don't have an un-hidden torrent to highlight instead, I cannot get it to stop showing the files/trackers/whatever from the hidden torrent....therefore its not hiding very well."

Won't mention again for a few months.....

I can't add a new torrent to 26666. On first try, it showed "Add torrent" dialog and then hung (hourglass cursor when on uT window, 0% CPU utilization, no changes of memory usage) - before I was able to press OK there. On second try, I succeed to press OK in "Add torrent" dialog but uT crashed. The same result was on third try. Dump.

I'm still having serious upload speed issues with 3.1.1 as I had with 3.1 and 3.0.

No matter what I do I just cant seem to max my speed out like I can on v2.

Sometimes it manages to get upto 2.5MB but then just suddenly dies and drops to 25kB. I can fix this issue immediately by swapping the exe for v2.

Bandwidth management is switched off.

If it wasnt for lack of WebUI support for v2 I would just stick with it but really need teh added features of the WebAPI in v3 :(

I am getting crashes when changing the label of a torrent in the pop up window thingy. I can change other things, like download directory, without problems. And changing Label of the torrent in utorrent window itself works just fine. I only get the crash from the window that pops up when first adding a torrent, if I change the label and click ok. Was working fine in previous release. Sent dump thingy to developer. not sure how to add it here or I would.
uTorrent crash when closing "Add Torrent" dialog if I have assigned a category to the torrent, if not, uTorrent still run, to trick, I have to add it first without any category, and then add it manually later. :(

I use the last release (26666).

Dumped to here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6sgv951khq14quf ... :)

First of all, with this Alpha/"Beta" my download rate appears capped to ~700kB/s (~1/3 of what it was able to do before, ~2.2MB/s), even when using the slackware torrent or other test torrents which are known to max out your connection. Capping is not a solution to disk cache problems.

Once again (items 1+2), here is how it is broken:

"Apply rate limit to transport overhead" = enabled somehow lets the cache exceed its limit. I let it go up to 220/32 before I disabled this option again. Disabled seems to cause bandwidth throttling while the disk writes catch up; throttling is not a solution for slow ramp-up of disk writes, it's a poor workaround.

Here is what I'm talking about:

screenype.th.jpg

Observe the 3 minute gap before the disk writes kick in (and even after that they're poor at keeping up), and how it tries to catch up by writing 9mb in one second but can't even keep that up. It seems like this slow ramp-up of disk writes is the real root of the cache problems. Please address the real issue rather than working around it by capping and throttling connections.

P.S. Deleting torrent (+ data) with disk cached writes still causes "Error: <torrent name> - The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request." and can cause a stuck cache (especially when cache is exceeded). It looks like it's getting rid of the queued cached writes, but even after "Queue" hits 0, the cache still appears exceeded/stuck by a bit (16.5/32 right now) and only clears with a program exit.

* ALL of the bugs in my previous buglist post still apply. Please don't dismiss old bugs because you've moved on to a new version. Thanks.

Archived