µTorrent 3.1.1 beta (build 26674)

Firon

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone,

I was hoping that uTorrent 3.1.1 would resolve the issues I'm having from couple of versions of uT 3.1. Information about "disk caching and hashing issues" being fixed gave me a lot of hope, but it seems that this version changed absolutely nothing for me, so I decided to register here and give you the info about a problem that I'm experiencing.

When I add a torrent that has plenty of files and select only few of them to be downloaded, let's say 10MB of 1GB, uTorrent 3.1 and 3.1.1 never ends downloading. After 99,9% progress bar changes it's text to "Flushing to disk (some random number here)" and the torrent gets stuck in this state forever.

http://i42.tinypic.com/mr4mxl.jpg

uTorrent 3.1 also displayed "Disk overloaded" on the progress bas, uTorrent 3.1.1 doesn't show that.

When I close the program I can still see uTorrent process in the Task Manager, so I'm forced to kill it.

After opening the program again it looks almost exactly as Squaresoft described it, except program freezes every time when forcing re-check!

I hate this problem, which is plagued by frequent nowadays...

I do not know anything, but I noticed that when the total size is large and contains lot of files:

I close the program -> program closes, but the uTorrent process does not die (must be killed)

I open the program -> Checking starts but gets stuck to 99.6% (always)

I choose Force re-check -> Can freeze the whole program (sometimes)

After 99,9% progress bar changes it's text to "Flushing to disk (some random number here)" and the torrent gets stuck in this state forever.

You might need to email this sample torrent (or a link to it) with a screenshot of your exact file selection. This issue was fixed in 3.1, so I hope that with the reverting of the cache-hash handling - the devs did not forget to leave it in...

After 99' date='9% progress bar changes it's text to "Flushing to disk (some random number here)" and the torrent gets stuck in this state forever.[/quote']

You might need to email this sample torrent (or a link to it) with a screenshot of your exact file selection. This issue was fixed in 3.1, so I hope the with the reverting of the cache-hash handling - the devs did not forget to leave it in...

Hmm, so I should email Firon directly? Or is there some sort of team@* address that I should write to?

I jumped directly to uTorrent 3.1.1 when it came out, so I missed newest build of uT 3.1 (26671), but from what I see changes in this build haven't solved my issue either.

After 99' date='9% progress bar changes it's text to "Flushing to disk (some random number here)" and the torrent gets stuck in this state forever.[/quote']

You might need to email this sample torrent (or a link to it) with a screenshot of your exact file selection. This issue was fixed in 3.1, so I hope the with the reverting of the cache-hash handling - the devs did not forget to leave it in...

Hmm, so I should email Firon directly? Or is there some sort of team@* address that I should write to?

I jumped directly to uTorrent 3.1.1 when it came out, so I missed newest build of uT 3.1 (26671), but from what I see changes in this build haven't solved my issue either.

Sent it to me directly. If you need to send attachments, just email it to me directly. firon at utorrent dot com.

For clarity this version should be renamed to 3.2 Alpha.
No. It's still 3.1.1.
This version is built off 3.1 instead of 3.1.1. We will re-release 3.1.1 later with a higher version number.

So what would be your favorite version # for 3.1.1, Firon ? :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived