µTorrent 3.1.2 stable (26821)

Firon

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Fix: Check existing files before start downloading the torrent added via magnet link

This is what I've been waiting for! :cool:

But.. I still do not see the contents of the magnets. :o

+ Bonus: Now about screen is shown how to hurt...

We have not yet added refreshing of the add torrent dialog. But we are working on it. Expect to see it in the 3.2 beta sometime soon.

It blinks here and stops... Does it bother you that much? Don't you have more important things to worry about in uTorrent?... ;)

Or course it bothers me, icons should not flash and call for my attention when there's no need for it. And other than that, I don't have anything to worry about in µtorrent.

At least could we get an update on the problem?

The "update" up there was' date=' that they are working on fix-release - 3.2 Beta ... :)

[url']http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=645424#p645424

Till then try it with:

pref-Advanced->diskio.use_partfile = false

pref.advanced->disk cahce->override automatic cache >= 128M

Thx a lot for the answer, if they are working on a fix I will wait patiently. If there already is a beta or there is something I can do to help, please contact me.

I already have partfile set to false and cache size 512MB. As soon as the any torrent eats up the 512MB I get the disk overloaded error anyways.

And other than that' date=' I don't have anything to worry about in µtorrent.[/quote']Great! :)

That is great but you missed the first part about the annoying blinking because the window is calling for my attention. That is not so great. I'd like to know if this is a known bug that will disappear with the next update.

Hello,

Some users said they could not download some torrent because they got this error: "Get string too short." (input_length < 60)

We checked by Wireshark and we found out, the uTorrent cuts the first 10 character from the begin of the passkey. So this is that the uTorrent send:

b33f5b392241183152d659/announce?info_hash=d%7d.%21%c9%d2%aa%0e%f3%1az%cc%2b%c4%f2g%aa%20%9d%f3&peer_id=-UT2210-%d6b%26d%9c%de7%ea%b8%7d%89%b4&port=25490&uploaded=0&downloaded=0&left=1600453368&corrupt=0&key=11DA2C22&event=started&numwant=200&compact=1&no_peer_id=1

As you can see, the passkey only 22 character, not 32, BUT in the client it is 32 character, so the problem is in the sending.

Unnecessary updates... again.

Please fix the disk overloaded BUG firstly!

Yes' date=' this needs to be fixed ASAP, for me makes this client unusable. At least could we get an update on the problem?[/quote']

There is another solution instead of playing with diskio.use_partfile etc. Run Process Hacker, find uTorrent.exe in a list of processes, right click -> Properties, go to Threads tab, find a thread with the lowest priority and set both Priority and I/O Priority to Normal. Works perfectly, don't know why the developers did that... Well, these steps should be performed every time uTorrent is started, but since I restart uTorrent once a week at most, it's fine for me :)

set both Priority and I/O Priority to Normal.

Yeah, this used to be settable in 3.1.1 early releases... Maybe 3.2 will have this setting as well :)

I wonder why this setting should be needed at all... :) Normal priority works fine, just don't change it. I have CPU load at 99-100% almost all of the time (video encoding and all that stuff) and if I don't change uTorrent thread's priority, weird things happen - it shows "Disk overloaded 100%" even if there is no drive activity at all, that poor thread just waits forever in a queue :)

For those with disk overload issues' date=' open the advanced preferences, and set diskio.use_partfile to false.[/quote']

On Win2k3 it doesn't really help.

Keep in mind, it only helps for -new- torrents. You'd have to remove and re-add existing torrents.

Archived