Internet Provider Warning...How is this possible?

lencross

Plse see below..a message sent to my internet provider about a download...3 down load ever from here and a warning already...how can I prevent this?...I use IE...may I should switch to Fire Fox

We are writing this message on behalf of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc..

We have received information that an individual has utilized the below-referenced IP address at the noted date and time to offer downloads of copyrighted material.

The title in question is: Sherlock Holmes II

The distribution of unauthorized copies of copyrighted television programs constitutes copyright infringement under the Copyright Act, Title 17 United States Code Section 106(3). This conduct may also violate the laws of other countries, international law, and/or treaty obligations.

Since you own this IP address (206.45.198.79), we request that you immediately do the following:

1) Contact the subscriber who has engaged in the conduct described

above and take steps to prevent the subscriber from further downloading

or uploading Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. content without authorization; and

2) Take appropriate action against the account holder under your Abuse

Policy/Terms of Service Agreement.

On behalf of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., owner of the exclusive rights in the copyrighted material at issue in this notice, we hereby state that we have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., its respective agents, or the law.

Also, we hereby state, under penalty of perjury, that we are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive rights being infringed as set forth in this notification.

We appreciate your assistance and thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Your prompt response is requested.

Any further enquiries can be directed to compliance.level2@ip-echelon.com Please include this message with your enquiry to ensure a swift response.

Respectfully,

Adrian J.F. Leatherland

Founder & CEO

IP-Echelon

Phone: +1 (310) 606 2747

Address: 11601 Wilshire Bvld, Los Angeles, 90025, United States

- ------------- Infringement Details ----------------------------------

Title: Sherlock Holmes II

Timestamp: 2012-06-28T09:18:12Z

IP Address: 206.45.198.79

Port: 24061

Type: BitTorrent

Torrent Hash: b455466aa48b8b5e3099cc4ae12af04609a57ae4

Filename: Sherlock Holmes A Game Of Shadows 2011 BRRiP AC3 XViD -INSPiRAL

Filesize: 2008 MB

- ---------------------------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<Infringement xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<Case>

<ID>6471675</ID>

<Status>Open</Status>

<Severity>Normal</Severity>

</Case>

<Complainant>

<Entity>Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.</Entity>

<Contact>IP-Echelon - Compliance</Contact>

<Address>11601 Wilshire Blvd (Suite 500)

Los Angeles CA 90025

United States of America</Address>

<Phone>+1 (310) 606 2747</Phone>

<Email>compliance@ip-echelon.com</Email>

</Complainant>

<Service_Provider>

<Entity/>

<Contact/>

<Address/>

<Phone/>

<Email>abuse@mtsallstream.net</Email>

</Service_Provider>

<Source>

<TimeStamp>2012-06-28T09:18:12Z</TimeStamp>

<IP_Address>206.45.198.79</IP_Address>

<Port>24061</Port>

<Type>BitTorrent</Type>

<UserName/>

<Number_Files/>

</Source>

<Content>

<Item>

<Title>Sherlock Holmes II</Title>

<InfoHash>b455466aa48b8b5e3099cc4ae12af04609a57ae4</InfoHash>

</Item>

</Content>

<History/>

<Notes/>

</Infringement>

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: GnuPG

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJP7GM8AAoJEN5LM3Etqs/WL/wIAI+Da7VDgHmC6iqr3BYOSUOS

z6Wwy0GpgF/HlwzcMm4e9wMPU+ZLXMptZ3hwmd4L/Pwev7x8XWfJ1pDryhXYFokv

gL5X2nlOEY7NizN6mVQml0AH68dnnOG5wFcpytNASyNQGl5IK8L4wfZYv7RMUrwH

oeFJB+gQ5YRA0gM6SG97vybNnL3maz4h+dFJ/4/3MTTRa9W/iLYScBcIlVCOMxx/

Ut893d36aSdgPOoj8y4e0HchTJRtJU/m+D8jk0DCQ3YEqy8wWK6OBHJGA5aEBdJT

VanLdtAxBduFzW7tvxCsOBcwPnpgeHEfC4LYoNjh1UtI85Dh/CVXj3ZCqp7mk+0=

=91+C

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

to save you some short-term legal trouble: don't download a brand-new movie in relative HQ from a public tracker. oh and don't post your ip address and other personal info, people can do some crazy stuff with that. personally i just added you to my ip banlist.

i started listing the reasons for where you went wrong and the list got very long. i'm going to summarize it like this. you need to go do some research on things like the concept behind peerguardian, seedboxes, private trackers, and how torrents work in general. the fact that you're asking whether changing web browsers will help tells me you know very little and honestly you're just asking for it. go do some research, and keep reading until you find yourself with 20 tabs open and you cant find new articles to read anymore. it's totally necessary and worth it, otherwise you're going to find yourself w/o any interwebs and a possible lawsuit. this isn't a free-for-all anymore, and you need to keep yourself safe first and foremost. you wouldn't voluntarily move to a jungle island without researching how to survive there, this is a similar concept. be safe man. ;)

p.s. change your ports in settings cuz ur letting us know way too much.

p.p.s. have to say this just in case: don't download or share illegally.

If I was to ever download illegal material then the first thing I would ensure is that it was from a trustworthy source and have encryption enabled in utorrent. It's also worth noting what comments are made about a torrent and having quite a number of comments. The fact remains that film companies actually put torrents up themselves to catch people such as yourself. It's also good form to go onto the site you downloaded the torrent from and to inform others of that particular torrent and what happened to you so as they can be aware.

And the fact that ALL THREE of those actually make you more prone to stuff like you've encountered.

that's a very good point and i'd like to clarify that i don't mean to imply that wearing a ski mask, operating out of a warehouse rather than your home, avoiding uniformed individuals, and only dealing within a semi-exclusive crime ring will keep you out of trouble. i sort of assumed that by researching these topics you will come upon the debates that have arisen regarding what the best courses of action are. you're gonna need a lot more information than what you're going to get from just this topic (or just this forum for that matter, though here is a great start). lots of reading is the key, and multiple opinions and recommendations are necessary as DWK has demonstrated.

If I was to ever download illegal material then the first thing I would ensure is that it was from a trustworthy source and have encryption enabled in utorrent. It's also worth noting what comments are made about a torrent and having quite a number of comments. The fact remains that film companies actually put torrents up themselves to catch people such as yourself. It's also good form to go onto the site you downloaded the torrent from and to inform others of that particular torrent and what happened to you so as they can be aware.

Encryption enabled = traffic shaping countermeasure, nothing more.

Source means absolutely nothing.

Number of comments and so are great for finding out the quality of a file, useless for this.

Finally, they putting the torrent up... yeah, they'll put up fakes, yes. That is indeed what some companies are hired to do. HOWEVER they do not put up full, glossy, scene-quality ones up, for one good reason. It's considered authorisation to distribute.

All you basically need to know about how evidence is collected is in this video

And I know I've been saying it for almost a year, but I WILL make a new, updated and extended version of both it and the magnet video SOON

Archived