Focus of 3.2.1:

- Windows 8 Support

- Add Torrent Dialog improvements

Download the new version now!

Changes from 3.2.0:

-- 2012-10-02: 3.2.1 RC 2 (build 28086)

- Fix: memory corruption bug

-- 2012-09-26: 3.2.1 RC 1 (build 28025)

- Change: Stick "Don't show this again" checkbox to bottom of Add Torrent dialog

--2012-09-24: Version 3.2.1 Beta 7 (build 28012)

- Fix: "offer_enabled" settings in advanced preferences

- Fix: OK/Cancel buttons disappeared after resizing the Add torrent dialog horizontally

- Fix: installer would always show up when running in stand-alone mode from a drive other than C:\

- Fix: Crash fixes - RSS Feeds, Startup, Add Torrent Dialog

-- 2012-09-21: Version 3.2.1 Beta 6 (build 27999)

- Fix: Adding the first torrent via magnet link doesn't refresh the torrent list

- Fix: magnet link files were being added to parent of desired dl dir, when not using add dialog

- Fix: magnet link crash

- Fix: AV colum crash

- Change: In-client offers present for the first time in-client. Offers will promote other products/technologies from µTorrent/BitTorrent and partners. Clicking X in offer will advance to the next available offer until no more offers are available, after which the offer space will close for a period of time. The offer unit can be disabled entirely in Options/Preferences/Advanced and search for sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled (BUG: This "off" setting isn't working as designed - will be operable in near future). Filter for sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled. (Note: this entry was not in the original post on 9/21, was added on 9/23.)

- Change: Move Ok and Cancel buttons to the bottom right corner of the Add Torrent Dialog

-- 2012-09-19: Version 3.2.1 Beta 5 (build 27972)

- Change: Invert the sense of the Delete Torrent dialog

- Fix: Various crash fixes

-- 2012-09-14: Version 3.2.1 Beta 4 (build 27950)

- Fix: crash fixes in add torrent dialog

-- 2012-09-13: Version 3.2.1 Beta 3 (build 27941)

- Fix: don't execute commands on background/hidden torrents (for instance in the add torrent dialog)

- Fix: torrent order issue with magnet links

- Fix: multi-file magnet links are now correctly downloaded into a directory with the torrent's name

- Fix: "add at top of queue" checkbox now works for magnet links

- Feature: don't use a consistent peer-id (to mitigate tracking)

- Fix: On slow connections, the toolbar offer might arrive after the user had

checked or unchecked boxes on the offer page. That would cause the

checkboxes to be reset to the default state, incorrectly installing an

offer.

-- 2012-08-08: Version 3.2.1 Beta 2 (build 27718)

- New layout of the Add Torrent Dialog

- Feature: never try a tracker again if it returns status code 410

- Change: add tracker.ccc.de as a default tracker

- Fix: don't write the block list in a part file in 4-byte increments

-- 2012-07-17: Version 3.2.1 Beta 1 (build 27605)

- Fix: Seeing while streaming in Chrome

- Change: Disk I/O error logging

- Change: Disable unbuffered I/O

- Fix: Broadcast new UPnP IP when switching networks

- Fix: When downloading magnet metadata, don't start torrent unless user chose that option

- Fix: Resetting columns in detail listview would crash

- Fix: Crash when peer cancelled a piece

- Change: net.friendly_name (upnp network name) advanced option

- Fix: Crash when writing magnet torrent file to disk

- Feature: Advanced Settings filter

- Feature: Convert http trackers to udp by default

- Fix: Incorrect http requests were causing some RSS feeds to not download

-- 2012-06-26: Version 3.2.1 Beta 1 (build 27554)

- Fix: Single file magnet links were missing file extensions

- Fix: Single file torrents were missing

- Fix: Magnets would be added in stopped state

- Change: If we changed the torrent name before the metadata completed in the "add torrent"

dialog, those changes would not be applied to the torrent; the name field will

disabled while the magnet data is downloading util that's changed.

- Fix: Saving a torrent in the root of a drive (e.g. "X:") would save into the "add torrent"

history list as "X:" instead of "X:\" [Note: This fix is not yet complete]

- Change: don't allow empty names in add torrent dialog

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And one more bug with Add Torrent Dialog in the build #27554:

1) open any torrent and save it to any path (like D:\Path)

2) when you open another torrent the Add Torrent Dialog shows some garbage in the "Save In" field instead of the last saved path (D:\Path): it is either empty (then the torrent contents is saved to the uTorrent program folder) or it is filled with some Chinese hieroglyphs and spaces.

I've tested this bug with completely new portable "installation" of uTorrent (build 27554).

So the issue isn't related to some old resume.dat and settings.dat files.

Going back to #27547 (where uTorrent doesn't mess with the last saved path).

OK, here's full info:

uTorrent is "installed" in Portable mode:

F:\uTorrentTest\utorrent.exe - build 3.2.1.27554

F:\uTorrentTest\resume.dat - empty text file

F:\uTorrentTest\settings.dat - empty text file

EXE file is started with "/recover" key.

Here are the torrent files:

1) http://torrent.zoink.it/Eureka.S05E11.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.[eztv].torrent2) http://torrent.zoink.it/The.Glades.S03E05.HDTV.x264-2HD.[eztv].torrent

1) I open the first URL and save the torrent contents to "D:\Save":

1613r.th.png

Here's the resulting path:

1615.png

2) Then I open the second link and the "Save in" field

contains some random Chinese characters instead of "D:\Save":

1616q.th.png

The resulting path (if I click OK) will be like this:

1617t.png

3) If i open some other torrent, the "Save In" field becomes

even more strange (and I can't click OK - the error is displayed):

1620m.th.png

If I replace utorrent.exe (build 27554) in "F:\uTorrentTest\" with previous build (27547) everything works correctly (uTorrent remembers the last used folder and places it's path in the "Save In" filed, when the Add Torrent Dialog is displayed).

________

The problem persists regardless of uTorrent language settings (english/russian).

The problem persists regardless of uTorrent language settings (english/russian).

My bet is - untested use-case with lack of default download path. Try and define one to confirm.

But yeah, it's a bug...

Is it possible add option to disallow to use add torrent name as sub-directory name?

I want to save file without sub directory

It does NOT use the name as sub-folder for torrents with only a single file in them. I think it is good enough :)

Is it possible add option to disallow to use add torrent name as sub-directory name?

I want to save file without sub directory

It does NOT use the name as sub-folder for torrents with only a single file in them. I think it is good enough :)

But if there are many files in one .torrent, then utorrent will create sub-folder base the name of add torrent dialog. As 3.2, it allow empty name, so I can still store files without sub-folder, but 3.2.1 can't.

I have roll back to use 3.1.3

The current behaviour of the "Add Torrent" dialog regarding the "Name" field needs more rethinking, i guess...

E.g. given the scenario the user clicks on a torrent that contains more files, and that "c:\Downloads" is an existing path, so he/she types "c:\Downloads\Stuff.n.Things.S01" in the "Save In" field, and deletes the content of the "Name", so that way the user wants the uTorrent to put his files into that folder, without creating any subfolder in it. Now that is totally impossible, simply because uTorrent automatically rewrites the "Name" field with the original name, and creates a subfolder inside the user-given "Stuff.n.Things.S01" folder.

I guess in cases like the above, uTorrent should just ignore the fact that the "Name" field is empty (let the user leave it empty), and fill the main window's "Name" field automatically by the filename of the torrent, or by the name of the largest file in the torrent, or something like this...

uTorrent should just ignore the fact that the "Name" field is empty (let the user leave it empty)
- Change: don't allow empty names in add torrent dialog

Yeah, good idea. Empty should be permitted, but only for multi-files torrents (meaning - no sub-folder), and still, the original name can be used as the the torrent name. Easy, and no harm done :)

BTW there is another small bug here - not checking properly for a legal folder name. So, for example - put a <space> character in it - is permitted with uTorrent reporting - bad path later on... :P

And one more bug with Add Torrent Dialog in the build #27554:

1) open any torrent and save it to any path (like D:\Path)

2) when you open another torrent the Add Torrent Dialog shows some garbage in the "Save In" field instead of the last saved path (D:\Path): it is either empty (then the torrent contents is saved to the uTorrent program folder) or it is filled with some Chinese hieroglyphs and spaces.

I've tested this bug with completely new portable "installation" of uTorrent (build 27554).

So the issue isn't related to some old resume.dat and settings.dat files.

Going back to #27547 (where uTorrent doesn't mess with the last saved path).

Thanks. that will be fixed next release.

Reports as Beta and Build is 27554.

Thank you. We're going to use the beta track for 3.2.1, and the alpha track for 3.3.

We will try to restrain ourselves to smaller, lower risk changes in the 3.2.1 beta.

Archived