How to reseed a file i already "removed"?

kj2141

Naïve (maybe) newbie question: I just found torrents … love 'em … began downloading and reseeding every one for awhile … but recently stopped/removed torrents (removed and deleted) after relocating downloaded files to another location, with intention of offloading to an old box do the re-seeding. QUESTION: now that I removed the torrent link and have the files on another box, HOW DO I set them up for re-seeding? I do want to be a good torrent citizen, but just couldn't reseed from the system I was downloading to. Help appreciated! I want to reseed many of the ones with few seeds!

thnx kj

Download the torrent (the same exact one) that you used to download it in the first place. Set Download location to point to where the files are currently located. Do a Force Re-Check. Start. You will have lost all previous stats on what you have uploaded before, but you can start reseeding that speicifc torrent.

Download the torrent (the same exact one) that you used to download it in the first place. Set Download location to point to where the files are currently located. Do a Force Re-Check. Start. You will have lost all previous stats on what you have uploaded before, but you can start reseeding that speicifc torrent.

jbebad -- many thanks for the information. kj

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

On a similar topic (torrent migration, etc), I've got a new question...

I recently replaced my computer (all torrents and content stored externally), and reinstalled uTorrent. In hopes to reseed all of those torrents, I go to file > add torrent > navigate to any torrent. When the dialog box shows up, I specify a download directory, etc, and this process adds my torrent back into uTorrent. BUT, my big question is, upon adding into uTorrent the status goes into "downloading" and I'm just hoping to reseed. Is there a step I'm missing?

I have close to 300 torrents tied to FLAC files so I do not want to redownload anything - in fact, in my shared file community, I'd be place on suspension if I did actually "download" rather than reseed all of this content (need to keep the ratio healthy :) ).

Can anyone help clarify how to reseed? *I promise I've read the migration guide multiple times - I'm just looking for disambiguation to restore my confidence - I'm not 100% tech savvy but I am trying. I've also gone the AUTOLOAD route but it just does the above but adds all torrents at the same time (and they all appear to be in queue to "download" - if that's just the word uTorrent's using for "seeding", then I think that's a little scary).

Thanks!

Joe

Archived