µTorrent 3.3.2 Stable

DaveUT

DaveUT

Administrator wrote:

I pulled 29930 as it was crashing too much.

Wow! You guys really need to get your sh*t together...Releasing and immediately pulling your fixes is becoming the norm lately.

It's probably a good time to put a "Devs for Hire" ad in your local papers classified section.

DaveUT

Administrator wrote:

On Monday will work on it and get another build out as quick as we can.

Why is there a need to rush these fixes!...Slow down and release proper builds!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DaveUT

Administrator wrote:

I pulled 29930 as it was crashing too much.

Wow! You guys really need to get youir sh*t together...Releasing and immediately pulling your fixes is becoming the norm lately.

No matter how much resilience testing is done with debug builds, developers cannot cover every possible environment, and 'bug fixes' often have 'unfortunate' effects that cannot be anticipated.

Take Windows 'Me' and Vista as examples, many fundamental 'issues' in both of those were not found until people had PAID to be 'mass RC' testers (although Microsoft prefer to call them customers).

And it might be wise to leave the disaster called "Windows 8" out of the discussion.

No matter how much resilience testing is done with debug builds, developers cannot cover every possible environment, and 'bug fixes' often have 'unfortunate' effects that cannot be anticipated.

I just question the Devs ability to understand various facets of the many operating systems and their coding into utorrent to harmonize with each!

Making the same mistakes over and over is somewhat a sign of insanity!

Maybe it's their rush mentality that they think they have to release fixes just to make the swarms of people think they are actively updating the software...I really hope that is not the case.

In any event all applications are now being accepted at Bittorrent incs. main office in San Fran.

Yeah.. I don't know what other software besides uTorrent your testing but this is not my experience AT ALL with beta and alpha software, I'm about ready to give up following this.

Maybe things might get interesting when they release a paid version, how many years away is anybody's guess, maybe that'll kickstart some actual delevopment.

3.4 should be out next year sometime, might check back then -yawn-

Maybe it's their rush mentality that they think they have to release fixes just to make the swarms of people think they are actively updating the software...I really hope that is not the case.

I have said a couple of time that I don't see what the frenetic pace of 'development' is about, but it is certtainly not about quality control.

Yeah.. I don't know what other software besides uTorrent your testing but this is not my experience AT ALL with beta and alpha software, I'm about ready to give up following this.

uTorrent is the only software (from people I don't know personally) that I do any alpha or beta testing on these days.

Don't have the space for rack mount 'lab rat' machines, or the inclination to have multiple VMs set up.

Download the new version here

Main focus of µTorrent 3.3.2:

- Stability and bugfixes

Changelog:

--2013-7-12: Version 3.3.2 beta (build 29930)

- Fix: When a .torrent-file gets downloaded and renamed from a magnet link and you cancel the Add New Torrent-dialog. it doesn't remove the .torrent-file.

- Fix: Multiple crashes in internal IE frame

- Fix: Crash in autoupdate progress dialog on XP (removed dialog completely on all platforms)

- Fix: Removed program location and moved checkboxes up on Install Options installer screen.

--2013-6-13: Version 3.3.2 beta (build 29806)

- Fix: Crash when featured content pane is selected and offer clicked

- Fix: Properly attribute clicks to correct window within client

--2013-6-05: Version 3.3.2 beta (build 29786)

- Fix: Installer fails to shut down running client during upgrade

--2013-6-03: Version 3.3.2 beta (build 29772)

- Fix: Crashes related to new offer display code

--2013-05-28: Version 3.3.2 beta (build 29742)

- Initial Beta launch for 3.3.2

I tried to download newer version 29930 but file is still on version 3.3.2 Beta 29806, not 29930 as stated above.:(

I tried to download newer version 29930 but file is still on version 3.3.2 Beta 29806, not 29930 as stated above.:(
I pulled 29930 as it was crashing too much. Sorry for that. On Monday will work on it and get another build out as quick as we can.

I guess changing that in the main download page - couldn't have heart...

Well lets be fair, XP is a TWELVE YEAR OLD operating system for which service pack support has ended and will reach "End of Life" in a little under eight months, UNLESS you want to pay M$ for the privilege.

So it's not that surprising that there are problems and why should developers support what is essentialy a dead operating system.

So it's not that surprising that there are problems

Like I said, with the previous 3.3.2.29806 beta, tray icon IS THERE.

It's a bug, and has nothing to do with XP being X amount of years old.

(To clarify, the tray icon is INVISBLE and occupying a space. Hovering cursor over it shows uTorrents details).

TRAYICON_zps039c0960.jpg

It's a bug, and has nothing to do with XP being X amount of years old.

No, it's caused by using newer image formats that are NOT supported by an ancient operating system!

The empty space is the equivalent of the "red 'x'" for missing or unsupported images in web browsers.

No, it's caused by using newer image formats that are NOT supported by an ancient operating system!

Would that be the (ancient :lol:) .ico format?

Are you seriously suggesting the "image format" is being changed between certain 3.3.1 betas/stable and 3.3.2 betas, so that some display the icon and some do not?? :lol:

Even the current alpha shows an icon (edit: latest one doesn't. It must have been a previous alpha I was trying but removed when I noticed that the pause button had gone).

The current 3.3.1 does not, but the vast majority of previous versions do (since the introduction of the updated icon back in February).

the "image format" is beingn changed between certain 3.3.1 betas and 3.3.2 betas?? lol

yes... @build 29163 :P

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=138464

I know that a new uTorrent icon was introduced:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=712690#p712690

I've had no problems with the new icon on the vast majority of releases since it's introduction. It's works without problem.

That doesn't explain why the tray icon is invisible on only certain releases.

Are you seriously suggesting the "image format" is being changed between certain 3.3.1 betas/stable and 3.3.2 betas, so that some display the icon and some do not??

Actually .ico is not strictly a 'format', but is a container for images in other formats and it is some of the content images that is the issue.

So what I'm reading is there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to update from my 3.3.1 (29812) version. The only problem I have with 29812 (the non-deletion of .torrent files) isn't fixed in this build, and a whole host of potential new problems are introduced? Pass.

"Remove and delete .torrent" will fail to delete torrent file.

I guess it was fixed in 3.4. Let's hope they'll back-port it to 3.3.x .

It's fixed in the 3.4 Alpha, I finally tested it, but there are SO MANY other issues with that Alpha that I'd rather just deal with the non-deletion.

abnormal RAM consumtion is closed

Maybe there is no such issue? Maybe it is all related to how much RAM-cache you've allowed to use in your advanced-cache->settings? You are welcome to my setting with ~150M RAM max total, ~40M typical...

Archived