3.4.x Beta

AdamK

Can someone sir or madam or something in between.. please tell what the latest release notes say? :|

The latest ?

-- 2014-1-31: Version 3.4 (build 30543) RC5

- Fix: Speed improvement for fast downloaders (Cache coalescing)

- Fix: Don't use so much CPU when seeding uTP (BEP40 performance improvement)

- Change: New icons for .torrent document icon

- Fix: uTorrent did not display "Moving" as a torrent status

- Change: torrent document icon is now different than uTorrent executable icon

- Change: CPU reduction during uTP download and seeding.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone sir or madam or something in between.. please tell what the latest release notes say? :|

The latest ?

-- 2014-1-31: Version 3.4 (build 30543) RC5

- Fix: Speed improvement for fast downloaders (Cache coalescing)

- Fix: Don't use so much CPU when seeding uTP (BEP40 performance improvement)

- Change: New icons for .torrent document icon

- Fix: uTorrent did not display "Moving" as a torrent status

- Change: torrent document icon is now different than uTorrent executable icon

- Change: CPU reduction during uTP download and seeding.

Will you forgive me' date=' I meant: µTorrent 3.4.1 [build 30557'] (Beta). :(

You know, that Admin's *insistence* on this UTTERLY STUPID AND POINTLESS method of delivery only shows their complete contempt for the user base. THEY DON'T CARE!!!

There is NO REASON WHATSOEVER, that they cannot simply designate a SINGLE link to the latest beta, instead of making us download and check a dozen freaking different copies.

The Admins need to be kicked in the asses and shown the door - they are CLEARLY not "professionals" and are ruining what was ONCE a great project.

=====================

Over *TWO DOZEN* downloads - even using the "problem" link on the page resulted in only 3 versions 523, 525, 526.

If you people can't get something THIS FREAKING SIMPLE straight, *HOW* are we supposed to *trust* you to get ANYTHING else right????!!!!!!!

The Admins need to be kicked in the asses and shown the door - they are CLEARLY not "professionals" and are ruining what was ONCE a great project.

It's not the admins/devs/ mods here that makes the ultimate decisions on which path Bittorrent. Inc. takes....It's the top dog that needs a reality check!

The one in charge is the one that usually manages ALL facets of a company.

There seems to be some sought of confusion and/or lack of communication amongst the ranks at Bittorrent. Inc. as it goes down the chain of command and nobody seems to checks on these various levels. This has been an issue since 3.0.. This probably tells you alot about the ones that are on top here.

Too much emphasis on the $$$ that can be made which is probably a mistake also....We the people are the ones that made them who they are in popularity.

They say they listen to our suggestions and criticisms but do they really...Yessing us to death is not the answer either...

They probably figure they can lose a few thousand users out of the millions that use bittorent/utorrent which in my opinion is bad business.

We can only hope someone will open their eyes and maybe ask why do users leave this client after many years of use.

Like I've said before, at one point MySpace was KING OF THE INTERNET and no one thought it could be dethroned ..... we all know what happened with that one.

Having worked on MANY development teams, I do NOT believe it is BT's CEO (or even the sr execs) calling the shots here, that's just plain ridiculous. It is the Project/Program Manager (IF they even have one - if they do, the person is UTTERLY incompetent and needs to be replaced!) What they are doing, is simply making up the stats - yes, LYING, to their managers about how the project is going.

If anyone at the company had any BALLS, they would show the executives the copious and detailed complaints and the COMPLETE lack of any response on them.

EVERY leader in EVERY industry will eventually be overtaken by another who meets the consumers' needs better and more efficiently. PERIOD.

Assumptions, speculations, hypothesis... PERIOD. If uTorrent was not doing a relatively good job (=file transfer) "the people" wouldn't be using it. And there is always the stable and previous stables you can use.

I am well aware of the current issues in this beta (my own issues' list is in the second post here), and that people expect to solve them all by tomorrow ( I wish so too...). Some are resolved, and some not. To be honest, there are just a few that are *really* important and must be fix in this release - I'd say - till #5 in my list. So, this is not *so* bad, just slow progress...

Yes, I agree that the interaction with this group/testers is something that can be improved (changelogs/updates-links)... but, there you have it - in my link... ;)

Sorry rafi, with all due respect, your rather sycophantic support of the BT "team" does not hold water. By the same argument, you could say "the banks" are doing well because lots of people use them - we know they are NOT doing well; you could say "the car manufacturers" are doing well, lots of people drive cars - we know they are NOT doing well, and many are going out of business (or have already done so).

I don't know what area of business you are in, but I AM in the development and software project industry - and I can tell you that if *I* ever ran a team like this - or was on a team with people as non-responsive and disorganized as this, we'd be fire in a heartbeat - IF the manager was aware of the situation.

Now maybe BT as a whole, just doesn't give a damn - "use what we give you and shut up" - like I said before, that kind of attitude will get you only so far before the next "big thing" comes along.

There are no assumptions here, the proof, as they say, is in the pudding - and the pudding is pretty darn bad at this point ........

If uTorrent was not doing a relatively good job (=file transfer) "the people" wouldn't be using it.

They would not even notice if a few thousands of people drop this client for another.

Do they even care or wonder why users that have been using this client for years are either downgrading to versions pre 3 or to another client altogether...

Remember this thread posted a little under 2 years ago...Time flies when you're having fun...http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=123284&p=1

bigfalls wrote on 08-15-2012:

we hear the calls among many of you for a µ that is smaller and meaner than the current µ. Something like 1.6, 2.0 or similar. Over the past year, we’ve discussed various paths to getting there and are taking this request seriously.

bigfalls wrote on 08-28-2012:

the theme of fast and light and a return to the spirit of past µT clients is a fairly universal desire among other conflicting opinions. I know talk is cheap, so by all means judge us by our actions.

Yeah..Years later, said this a few times. Nice to see people starting to wake up.

The development here is a joke, the quicker people move off of this stinking turd the better.

Not sure if beta testing is really helping the client much and if it is, it doesn't deserve it.

You all deserve better than to spend your time dealing with these issues and having the absolute least possible effort used in fixing them. Move on and assess other clients, you might find something worth your time.

Move on and assess other clients...
and where to exactly ? They have their own issues, plus I think no one is <2M ... But sure, if poor interaction from the devs bothers you, go ahead... Get back here with an objective comparison, and then we'll talk.

the quicker people move off of this stinking turd the better.

Why are you still here then?

Not sure if trying to be a smart arse or not :P but it's really not hard to work out. I watch. I use the client only because it does what I need and I don't have any major issues. I wouldn't however spend any time making a feature request or submitting bugs because I don't see the point in wasting my time in doing so. The reason behind this is as I said above' date=' they're putting in basically zero effort, why should YOU put in more than that? Feel free to continue to do so, but it's already making a name for itself because of the shoddy coding, I'm just saying there are other options..

Move on and assess other clients...
and where to exactly ?

You make it sound like uTorrent is the only option...

They have their own issues' date=' plus I think no one is <2M ...

[/quote']

Like what?

But sure, if poor interaction from the devs bothers you, go ahead... Get back here with an objective comparison, and then we'll talk.

Interaction isn't the worst of it, the fact the code gets no better and your bug list doesn't seem to shrink might be better reasons?

Well once I jump ship I'll be sure to talk you over, if you find you can drag yourself away from these forums after all these years...

and your bug list doesn't seem to shrink

Because I don't delete any issue... Just color code them - green... :P

Ok, k , it shrinks slowly... As I said, most issues are minor. <5/6 are the ones that matter... And as you said, it is quite usable as is...

Sure, let's talk after you jump over when you have the data to compare with... :)

Haha. I wonder if they'll ever get around to fixing up the WebUI.

Seeds and peers for seeded torrents often show 0/0

Files tab amongst other things sometimes shows nothing at all but refreshes eventually

(Had a torrent show the downloading icon even though it was 100% downloaded) Reopening the WebUI refreshed it properly, so general refreshing issues that I've reported before..

Logger tab never shows anything.

Will no doubt find a better client before these are fixed up.

µTorrent beta 3.4.1 build 30575 is now available for download...No changelog.

Changelog:

-- 2014-02-11: Version 3.4.1 Beta (build 30583)

- no changelog

-- 2014-02-08: Version 3.4.1 Beta (build 30557)

- no changelog

-- 2014-02-06: Version 3.4.1 Beta (build 30552)

- no changelog

-- 2014-01-28: Version 3.4.1 Beta (build 30519)

- no changelog

Nice changelog!   LOL

To whom it may concern,

O.K. so you deleted my external link to Version 3.4.1 Beta (build 30583)...Then why don't you fix on the official download page to link to the newest builds...

build 30583 was officially announced for public download but it cannot be found on this site....Get your sh*t together already....

am01O1n.jpg?1

... but it cannot be found on this site....

It's systematic, Beasly, cyclic link, as explained here:

Probably, they forgot to enter this build too, or Firon is too busy fixing the semi-broken-super-slow new forum... :P

Sadly, this cycling links of builds proves hardly suitable for beta testing here :(

My link is still in place now, tho...

Archived