"Create encrypted torrent" option

dct

Hello wiser ones,

One question for you all:

When ticking the checkbox Create encrypted torrent, how can one find out which key was used to encrypt the file list and how can one decrypt and make use of the downloaded payload? A pointer to any documentation is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• 7 months later...

Hello wiser ones,

One question for you all:

When ticking the checkbox Create encrypted torrent, how can one find out which key was used to encrypt the file list and how can one decrypt and make use of the downloaded payload? A pointer to any documentation is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Where are you seeing that and what version are you using? Is that even in Ut? If your talking about where you got the torrent then you need to contact that site where you got the torrent from.

I just ran into this myself playing with the option.  It seems no one knows how to decrypt the blob that is downloaded. 

This is support for Ut software and what your asking is beyond the scope of uT and that should be directed to the site where you got the torrent from.

• 3 weeks later...

Where are you seeing that and what version are you using?

This setting is in the Create New Torrent dialogue under the category "Other". Can you explain what each of these options does, or maybe link such a description? I'm looking for this information too and google takes me here. 

Archived