3.4.x stable

cmeisel

I haven't changed anything, but now I have the blue lines too. Weird. I'd still like a way to change the left pane back to white instead of dark blue.

I've also had a problem, for many builds now, with the new torrent window popping up behind the main window. I click on a torrent in FireFox, click to open with uT, the main uT window pops up and I have to move it or minimize it to see the new torrent window.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You shouldn't need to play Russian Roulette on the Stable link...

http://download-new.utorrent.com/endpoint/utorrent/os/windows/track/stable/

...but check your PMs.

Thanks for the link in PM. The above link always gives me v37252 for some unknown reason... (maybe i should try deleteing all cookies etc...)

I had to go back in and change the preferences to disable the offers. Looks like "something" changed them back during the upgrade.

for me v37594 "Upgrade to Pro" node is hidden using the settings but it does not persist between application restarts.

Thanks for the link in PM. The above link always gives me v37252 for some unknown reason... (maybe i should try deleteing all cookies etc...)

for me v37594 "Upgrade to Pro" node is hidden using the settings but it does not persist between application restarts.

I'm also using 37594 and the Upgrade thing came back, but the gui.pro_installed setting is still set to *true. I changed it back to false and it changed the left window pane back to the standard white. Changed it back to *true and the color changed back to dark blue, but the Upgrade to Pro thing is still there. Tried restarting the client, but nothing I do gets rid of it.

Nice to see that the gui.show_plus_upsell bug seems to have been fixed in the newer builds.  However, gui.show_notorrents_node still reverts to true whenever I set it to false and restart the application.  I think this started in build 36318.  Hopefully it can be fixed in a future build....

Since 3.4.2 started I see this shitty annoying BUG and in all of your builds you guys never FIXED IT, never even bothered with it!

So, the bug in question is, the WINDOW of utorrent not remembering it's POSITION and settings ( like maximized window will not stay MAXIMIZED after i close the window, in system tray, and getting back to it it will be stretched above the limits of the actual screen). 

I've tested this on 2 PC's, used 3.4.1 ( the bug is not PRESENT) used latest 3.4.2 and all earlier builds of 3.4.2, all had/ has this UI bug.

My mistake!  :P  I actually set "offers.left_rail_offer_enabled" as true and save it. Then an ad will be visible instead of utorrent pro or plus. Then again go to preferences  to set "gui.show_plus_upsell" as false. Try this and the ad will also go away.  :)

Yeah.. great solution but on build 37594 of 3.4.2 now it's turn of "gui.show_plus_upsell_nodes". and there's no possibly to set to false :(

Probably the "Pro" upsell-node  got in the way...

Yeah... the upsell_nodes back to True after you have set to false and Propose to upgrade to pro it's ever present...

Any chance you might fix the torrent stopping bug any time soon, where the UI doesn't update?

Tried 37122 and it's the same thing. It's been going on for the past couple of builds.

http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/93992-problem-with-stopping-queued-torrents/

http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/90875-startstop-buttons-dont-quite-work-at-least-not-as-they-used-to-v341/

Just tried build 37754. Absolutely no difference. Could others at least reply, saying if they have this problem or not, please?

Could others at least reply, saying if they have this problem or not, please?

I've seen this stopping problem also (not that I use the Stop function that often).

It's not until uTorrent is restarted (File>Exit. µTorrent shortcut>Open) that the torrent then shows as stopped.

Here's a video of it (with the current beta though) :D

https://www.mediafire.com/?a0iu1x73rd7t7zg

I've seen this stopping problem also (not that I use the Stop function that often).

It's not until uTorrent is restarted (File>Exit. µTorrent shortcut>Open) that the torrent then shows as stopped.

Here's a video of it (with the current beta though) :D

https://www.mediafire.com/?a0iu1x73rd7t7zg

Thanks, but it's not the same thing; could be related though. Read those two threads. I and a few others have a UI problem with stopping QUEUED torrents.

Just tried build 37754. Absolutely no difference. Could others at least reply, saying if they have this problem or not, please?

Thyis has been an issue since the very beginning of 3.4.x. I don't know what the time was on a lot of previous builds becasue I don't use teh stop button too often, but I just tried it with 37754 and the UI updates to "stopped" for me in roughly 20 seconds. Last time I checked it was far longer or not at all.

Mine has been doing the same thing through the last few builds as well. i usually have to right-click and pause it and then it'll let me stop it. The torrents that refuse to stop seems to be random or at least I haven't been able to figure out any kind of pattern yet. I haven't tried the new build yet, but not getting my hopes up too much. At least it's just an annoying bug though.

I'm using Windows 8.1 x64. 

Running 3.4.2 build 32239 32-bit on XP, I haven't noticed any problem with the stop or start buttons as mentioned above. Sounds like a sluggish computer. µtorrent can use a lot of system resources especially if multitasking. Check process explorer.

[but I seldom use those action buttons anymore, so I wouldn't necessarily encounter or notice OP's problem. Unfortunately they keep changing the design and I find them non-intuitive. I need a clear description in English words below each button to identify it easily, at least when I first encounter a new design, not just an info popup. So I mostly use the dropdown file/options menus, preference settings, or rightclick context options. I really miss the pause button, which is the one I used the most. There should also be an action button to flip open the left panel because f7 is an obscure method. I don't understand because there's plenty of open space to include a lot more buttons!]

Archived