3.4.x stable

cmeisel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It also does not say that the ads come back after each run, and you have to click over and over agian,unlike if you use my settings file/sig.....!!

Not for me....... the ads completely disapperers and the left side now using theme like pro version...... but i alredy sayed the "Upgrade To Pro" it's impossible to hide....

I can't seem to save this setting:

Queue Settings: | Maximum number of active downloads: 0

As soon as I restart uTorrent, the default # of "5" torrents starts downloading on its own. 

In older version of uTorrent, I can set Maximum number of active downloads to "0", which suspends Utorrent from starting even if the computer re-starts. 

I can't seem to save this setting:

Queue Settings: | Maximum number of active downloads: 0

As soon as I restart uTorrent, the default # of "5" torrents starts downloading on its own. 

In older version of uTorrent, I can set Maximum number of active downloads to "0", which suspends Utorrent from starting even if the computer re-starts. 

Confirmed. Seems like 0 is now treated as user error, and is handled badly in the UI (that allows it). It should be a valid entry as you said.

BTW, Why do you want to stop all torrents on startup?

Confirmed. Seems like 0 is now treated as user error, and is handled badly in the UI (that allows it). It should be a valid entry as you said.

BTW, Why do you want to stop all torrents on startup?

uTorrent will greatly impact my other file transfers (http/ftp) or RDP sessions.  When I restart my D/L computer I oftentimes don't want any torrents to D/L or seed.  Even if I limit the upload/download rates, because of the limited # of sessions on my gateway, other sessions would oftentimes grind to a standstill.  I will just use my smartphone/ipad to start uTorrent when I no longer need the bandwidth for more important stuff.  I have limited bandwidth in my housing complex...  They somehow broke that "feature" in recent versions :(

Let me suggest an alternative: Use the scheduler, and disable everything all the time. Then disable the scheduler when you want it active again.... This is what it is for actually...

Thanks rafi for the suggestion... but I already have the scheduler setup for times when I am not home/on computer or middle of night... but the "...active downloads: 0" option was great when their was a conflict with the scheduler when I needed to halt all downloads and put everything in a queue... With all the new instability/bugs/changes cropping up, I suspect the uTorrent/Bittorrent code base is probably maintained by someone new and less experienced with the original code. 

Breaking news:

uTorrent Quietly Installs Cryptocurrency Miner, Users Complain

Now this explains why this POS grabbed a whole CPU core and crashed.

To the developers: Please hand me the login details to your private PCs, so I can silently install malware on yours, too.

Edit @ Mike20021969:

No, I've just gone ahead and included the µtorrent development & marketing division in my bedtime prayers. Every night I pray for them.

Archived