3.4.x stable

cmeisel

New stable build released.

http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/win/track/stable

µTorrent Stable(3.4.3 build 40097)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the queueing behavior when resuming from sleep/standby/hibernation has changed in recent builds, even though I did not spot a corresponding changelog entry. In the older versions, when resuming from sleep/standby/hibernation, the queue state would be the same as before entering sleep. In more recent versions, after resuming from a sleep state, more torrents are queued and less torrents are active than before entering sleep.

I'm not talking about queuing. I'm talking about individual torrents.

New stable build, no changelog (yet)

µTorrent Stable(3.4.3 build 40208)

• For Windows (1.9 MB)
  • English (US) - April 21, 2015

[edit] 24 hours later, we have a changelog:

2015-04-27: Version 3.4.3 (build 40208) Stable 

- stability and efficiency improvements

- Streaming free trial release (may not be activated yet in your install)

- improvements to ads handling

- fix for paypal purchasing in Pro

- minor installer updates

3.4.3 build 40208:  Logger | Memory Dump now causes a crash

Name Column still not highlighting correctly, ever since:

-- 2015-02-05: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 38568)

- All fixes from the latest stable (38656)

- Fix incorrect data in the Relevance column for a selected torrent

- Fix relevance column in peers tab

- Fix long shutdown times when parsing certain media types

- Fix gap in download list name column        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-------------------------------- BAD FIX

- Tweak default column widths

Yes, seriously, for a second there I thought I accidently downloaded the beta branch. Really shocking what become of this client. Don't they even start a version for a few seconds, before they publish it?

We've been here before....

The answer is no.

Looks like we're right back at the exact same sort of build issues that were happening in 3.4.2..

C'mon Talkingprawn.. sort this shit out.

Though the build number has been changed from 3.4.2 to 3.4.3 but bugs are getting repeated then what is use of changing the build.

Though the build number has been changed from 3.4.2 to 3.4.3 but bugs are getting repeated then what is use of changing the build.

I see better coding practices from people doing stuff in their spare time, there are some serious flaws in the development cycle Talkingprawn.

Do you feel releasing new stable builds every other week is okay? What are the goals? Do version numbers even mean anything any more?

Are you actually interested in improving this? (It sounded like you were) And if so how long would you realistically expect that take? Also why is communication basically dead here?

@devs: between stable builds 40097 & 40208 there was introduced a new bug with the bottom status line - at least the space to show everything which could be shown is too short.

Agreed.

Also, sometimes when a torrent finishes, some of the temp *.!ut files are left behind (not deleted).  it would seem a child process is still hanging on to them even tho the job has finished (presumable a seeder child).  this happens when a torrent is restarted (exit uT and later restart), I haven't seen it happpen on a single-session download (yet).  Started a few builds back...

Well, the old tab bug is back.

A few builds back, utorrent used to switch to the files tab randomly, then it got (half) fixed; now it's back in 40298.

In other words, utorrent forgets the last selected tab and switches to the files tab by itself.

@devs: between stable builds 40097 & 40208 there was introduced a new bug with the bottom status line - at least the space to show everything which could be shown is too short.

40097: 40097.png

40208: 40208.png

Per the changelog, this has been fixed in a later beta... So, check it up

According the changelog of beta build 40324 this could be fixed - but in real is not.

-- 2015-05-08: Version 3.4.3 Beta (build 40324)
- All fixes from the latest stable (40298)
- 2015-05-04 - Change the way windows magnet and torrent shell handlers are registered
- 2015-04-10 - [Pro] Show "confirmation page" instead of "bundles" page after upgrading to Pro
- 2015-04-10 - [Pro] Pause playing file via hitting SpaceBar
- 2015-04-10 - Fix broken status bar spacing
- 2015-03-30 - Fix crash when update server unreachable
- 2015-03-27 - Fix transcoder error log string
- 2015-03-27 - Fix bug when initializing IPv6 WebUI listening socket

Have a look yourself on the build. And why should I use an "outdated" version (ironic off)? http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/5547-use-the-latest-beta-before-reporting-anything/

It's not my fault that the devs decide to screw up the building of versions since some time where nobody is able to recognize what's in and what not...

At the moment it seems they are collecting all possible bugs and make stable builds from that.

According the changelog of beta build 40324 this could be fixed - but in real is not.

-- 2015-05-08: Version 3.4.3 Beta (build 40324)

- All fixes from the latest stable (40298)

- 2015-05-04 - Change the way windows magnet and torrent shell handlers are registered

- 2015-04-10 - [Pro] Show "confirmation page" instead of "bundles" page after upgrading to Pro

- 2015-04-10 - [Pro] Pause playing file via hitting SpaceBar

- 2015-04-10 - Fix broken status bar spacing

- 2015-03-30 - Fix crash when update server unreachable

- 2015-03-27 - Fix transcoder error log string

- 2015-03-27 - Fix bug when initializing IPv6 WebUI listening socket

Have a look yourself on the build.

?

No only looked at the changelog... can you post a screenshot from that beta?

Archived