User-defined download location

pr0xZen

I couldn't figure out how to get the label-route to work under 3.4.1 beta (seems some of the options are gone a while back, and they're not present or functionable in the remote browser api) - and I have had immense disk overload issues with all previous releases, so rolliing back is not really an option.

I've got random movie torrents spread over 3 network drives,sorted and folded by genre, movieset and AV quality. I've also got about 25 tv shows weekly - each torrent goes to individual \seriesname_folder\season_number\ .

Either I have to figure out how to get the labling route to work, so I can set up 30+ labels and their individual download parths

- or -

Hope that someone can introduce me to a method  where I could either get an optional "download location input bar" pop-up when starting a new torrent/magnet, or as in the main uTorrent application - be able to right click on files in the lower section, and do "Relocate..." from there. I'm guessing the frist suggestion might be the easiest, as it wouldn't need a "file explorer" module as long as the user knows the full path.

25 shows is a lot. I would suggest going to http://showrss.info/?cs=feeds and setting up your RSS feeds and you can specify the download locations there. Another option is writing a small batch program that you can run automatically after each torrent finishes (check in the advanced section of the settings for 'Run Application after torrent finishes/changes state') and pass in the torrent info and label there and have your batch file move the files for you.

Ok, I got an RSS feed set and working for shows. Thanks for the tips. Now, there is a closely related matter;

Occasionally I download movies - and I want those to go in a specific folder. I set a Label named "Movies", tried Advanced -> Set "download location" (for the label). This only seem to affect the torrents already holding this label - active or not - as I get a "browse to location" pop-up for each of the torrents currently holding that label.Adding torrents through web API, and adding that same label - does nothing, Goes straight to global default location.

Is there any way to get this to work? The run batch approach isn't really ideal - I would prefer to download directly to the location (its a network location, and transferring HD movies hogs wifi bandwith for quite some time).

Alternatively - as the RSS feeds are working rock steady with regards to both labeling and preset download location....

- is there some "simple" way I can establish a simple RSS feed, wich I can feed magnet links manually online? Perferrably without need for overblown client software - simple browser input would be great. I've been googling for this alternative for hours, not sure I'm looking in the right places.

My current feed is showRSS - although I'm very new to this, its working very nicely.

I figure It might be possible to post links to a bare-text webpage or file, and use a RSSPECT MySite feed to parse the links. It does like the freebie version has some very uneven and long update times though, 1-4 hours just don't cut it. I hope the new label-design with user-definable download paths gets fixed soon.

The workaround I worked out now, is using persistent labels, set "moved finished labels to..." and enable "append labels" within the web remote API (this has been disabled in the normal GUI, to be replaced with the new label system. A shame its broken though). The final piece, as this box is on Windows - was to create a symbolic directory link with the label name, to the network location intended.

Downside is, it still downloads locally, then moves to network location. With large torrents, this clogs up the network drive for a fair ammount of time, as opposed to downloading directly to that location (My bandwidth is ~15Mbit).

• 1 year later...

Archived