UI Performance Build

zanderz

Updated 3/25/2014

This is a special build from the 3.4.1 branch (30732containing an experimental architectural change designed to further decouple the user interface from the internals of the client.  It should yield better performance under heavy use.  If feedback is positive, these changes will be made to the mainline client.  As with any experimental build, saving a backup copy of settings.dat before running is recommended.  Please let us know what you think.

http://download-new.utorrent.com/uuid/d323ad2c-76db-4461-9d6c-dc4e053489d5

Changes from initial UI performance build:

- Fixed crashes when displaying related and updates tabs

- Fixed problem updating torrent info tabs, especially with inactive/stopped torrents

Important: When reporting issues with this build please include the following information in your message:

--

Build: 3.4.1 30732

Operating System:

Download location & disk/filesystem characteristics:

Internet connection speed D/U:

--

Previous UI performance build (30717):

http://download-new.utorrent.com/uuid/d8e47f41-471c-4c98-9c30-419bac8ba82b

Files tab is populated for Seeding torrents, though with a delay, is for Finished torrents, without a delay, but isn't for Queued Seeding torrents. I didn't test with other torrent statuses.

I've upgraded from 3.4.1.30703.

And yes, it starts up very fast!

Hmm.... Something strange happens... I've stopped all torrents, and it stopped displaying Files info for all of them, and not all of the torrents changed their status to Finished, some left with Seeding, or changed to Queued Seed, but in fact they stopped seeding. Then I started some of the torrents again, and the Files info for them started appearing again, even for those with Queued Seed status.

FIles list for existing torrents that have already finished is empty.  Starting these torrents again repopulates the files list, then the torrents can be stopped again.

You have to select each individual seeding torrent before stopping them to populate the files list.

Build: 3.4.1 30717

Operating System: Window 7 64-bit

Download location & disk/filesystem characteristics: 2 HDD 7200 rpm + 2 HDD 5900rpm in soft RAID 0, 350+ torrents on all HDDs

Internet connection speed D/U: 100/100 Mbit

Crash upon startup, zero size dump files. 30716 works well on same settings and torrents, but UI performance is really bad (i7-3770K@4.2GHz). 3.2.3 28705 UI is much faster.

First 3 launches failed with not responding and then crashed after a while, no crashlog.

The 4th launch worked, I think it tries to load more at once before showing the total in the Side Bar.

The main view still tries to jump around, finally settling somewhere in the middle of the list when done.

The selection should be at the top, with the latest added torrent, as chosen by the sorted column, in my case: Added.

However, the arrow indicating sorted column is missing, but it still sorts on it.

Utmost Important info that you want to know: 1705 torrents in list

Build: 3.4.1 30717

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Media Center

Download location & disk/filesystem characteristics: D:\Download\Torrent (NTFS / Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB 5900 RPM)

Internet connection speed D/U: 100/10 Mbit/s fiber

You'll be waiting forever.

Unfortunately, my English is not good enough to express the whole range of feelings about the swarm of bugs in latest uTorrent versions.

Fortunately, I use uTorrent 2.2.1 over the years, so I feel myself pretty comfortable in this endless waiting.

Archived