3.4.1 constantly crashing

thraxlol

Hi guys, 

Attempted to find a topic already on this issue, but couldn't find something specific. For the last couple of days my client has been crashing after being open for around 2-3 minutes. Quick info below

• Windows 7 Ultimate
  • 3.4.1 stable is when the issue started, I've since uninstalled and installed 3.4.1 nightly build 30783 - same issue
  • ISP is internode (Australia)
  • No network/software/firewall settings 

The error I get is 'uTorrent has crashed. A crash dump has been saved as: <path>'. I've got submit crash report, but it fails to send. The dump files are around 5mb in size and compress down to about 1.8mb (still too big to upload here), so here's a link to my latest dump file: http://boonce.org/up/30783-utorrent.e0e3.dmp.zip

Any help would be appreciated, as I can't add new torrents at the moment either, if I do - once the client chases, anything new added is gone when I re-open to program.

3.4.1 - very troublesome. Never had uTorrent crashing before (over a year of happy running), it's happened twice since upgrade to 3.4.1 (about three days ago).

Two more problems:

- Finished torrents don't want to fall into alphabetical order (I went through all available options, came up with zip);

- Usually unable to stop a torrent when I want to stop seeding - it goes to "queued seed" instead.

I know that this has not costed me any money (to get uTorrent) - but is there a way to let the creators know about the issues?

I too have this problem... but it only crashes when I click on 'Conversions' of which I have 11 running.

I have uTorrent Plus version 3.4.1 (build 30740) on Windows 8.

Clicking on devices I get a blank window (i.e. it doesn't show my 2 devices) and clicking on each 'device' is also a blank white window - but crashes as described by thraxlol when clicking 'Conversions'. 

I will try some downloads to see if same happens and report back but some help would be appreciated!

Glad to see I'm not alone with this problem. utorrent is constantly crashing with version 3.4.1. It's making me crazy because I leave for the day, come home, and find out utorrent crashed within minutes of leaving the house and all of my downloads are dead. I'm running utorrent on Windows 8.1 and never had a problem prior to upgrading. I think I will try to find an older version as this is driving me insane. It seems to be crashing every 10 - 15 minutes.

Hi all, I am new to forum but have been a long term happy user of uTorrent. With a recent update to 3.4.1 (build 30740) I have also been seeing repeated crashes. I am using Windows 8.1. Should I seek to revert to the previous version? Thanks in advance for any comments.

Same here.  Windows 7 64-bit.  Been using uTorrent successfully for several years but within minutes of upgrading to 3.4.1, I get the same crash message described by the original poster.  It does this within a couple of minutes any time I launch uTorrent.  I have 6 torrents that I'm seeding, that I was already seeding when I did the upgrading.  It will successfully start them and I can see that they start uploading, but within a couple minutes, uTorrent just crashes.

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same issue - I've been happily using uTorrent for years and just updated to 3.4.1 (build 31139). The new version crashes in < 1 min after starting, guaranteed. The crash is always the same - it produces a dump file in the uTorrent folder and exits. Debugging the dump file in VS shows the following:

Exception code: 0xC000000FD

Exception info: The thread used up its stack

Is there any progress on this issue? uTorrent is totally unusable.

Archived