uTorrent is not working with my new WiFi

sarofski

Hi Everyone,

I just moved to a new apartment complex which has it's own ready-to-use WiFi internet ( No wired internet and I don't have the option to get my own provider! ).

uTorrent doesn't work anymore! DHT shows "Waiting to login" or connected to 0 nodes and I get no incoming connections ( there's an orange triangle with an exclamation mark in it, in the lower right corner ). Basically I can't download anything at all.

Is it because of some restrictions in the WiFi? Is there a way to fix that? If not, any other option to solve the problem?

Thank you very much

I checked the port by the site you mentioned and also by uTorrent Network Check. No matter what port number I choose, it says it's not open.

I'm not good in tech stuff, but maybe the problem is in port forwarding!

How can I fix that?

Thanks

Anyone?

Maybe it's because of the way I connect to the network!

Because the network is not password protected. When I first connected to it, it said that additional login info may be needed. And when I opened internet explorer, a page came up authomatically asking for my name and my unit number. And after entering those, it said authorized and I dont need to do the process again.

So besed on the method of connectin, do I need to change any setting in utorrent?

Thanks

Archived