What does the "D" flag really mean?

TrevorS

When the peer "D" flag appears, does it just mean the peer is amenable to uploading to your client, or does it mean it actually IS uploading to your client, as in very shortly at latest?

The reason I ask this question is that my client (3.3.2) often "S"nubs a seed following a long delay in follow through from appearance of a "D" flag (uTorrent documentation says sixty seconds).  For a seed, the snub has no impact, the DL either occurs or it doesn't, however with a peer, snubbing results in suspension of UL.

Hence my question.  If a peer isn't ready to actually DL, why would the "D" flag be set?  And if the "D" flag is set, should not DL occur easily within sixty seconds?  I.E., what's the complication here?

It means that you should be able to download. Looks like your ISP is messing with the traffic. Try disabeling uTP, Forcing Encription (stop and start the torrent on each setting change), downloading after midnight when traffic is lower etc. to resolve this. Look for a pinned topic in the forums for the whole list. 

Archived