Removing BitTorrent Sync banner

Deniii

Hi.

I'm using uTorrent 3.4 and I'd like to know if there's a way to remove the "BitTorrent Sync" banner on the top of the screen.

I use a low resolution (800x600) which makes that banner to take a lot of space on the screen and it's not useful to me.

Thanks.

Disable ads by going to Options > Preferences > Advanced.
     Set the following items to false:
 ••  offers.content_offer_autoexec : (this auto-executes signed Featured Torrent content with autoexec flag)

••  offers.content_offer_url :  (Used to test install-time content offers)

••  offers.left_rail_offer_enabled :  (enables-disables new Offers (Ads) by Bittorrent Inc.-located at the left pane)

••  offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled :  (enables-disables new Offer -Featured Torrents at the top of main view)

••  gui.show_plus_upsell :  ( Show Plus Information  in  Plus  box on the sidebar)

••  gui.show_notorrents_node :  (shows a page in the sidebar when no torrents are loaded).

• 4 months later...

Disable ads by going to Options > Preferences > Advanced.

Set the following items to false:

••  offers.content_offer_autoexec : (this auto-executes signed Featured Torrent content with autoexec flag)

••  offers.content_offer_url :  (Used to test install-time content offers)

••  offers.left_rail_offer_enabled :  (enables-disables new Offers (Ads) by Bittorrent Inc.-located at the left pane)

••  offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled :  (enables-disables new Offer -Featured Torrents at the top of main view)

••  gui.show_plus_upsell :  ( Show Plus Information  in  Plus  box on the sidebar)

••  gui.show_notorrents_node :  (shows a page in the sidebar when no torrents are loaded).

That doesn't work for me.

I have had those options set for a long time, but this new Sync banner still pops up.

Go into the hidden advanced settings (shift/F2) and disable more settings.

What "more settings" ?

Try this: http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/92962-stop-just-stop/#entry494122

Are you holding shift+F2 whilst left clicking on preferences icon/preferences (under options)?

That doesn't work. Read the dude posting directly below. Most of those settings reset when you restart uTorrent.

Most of those settings reset when you restart uTorrent.

You may need to block some address in the Hosts file too.

Beasly recommends these:

0.0.0.0 bundles.bittorrent.com

0.0.0.0 apps.bittorrent.com

0.0.0.0 ads.bittorrent.com

0.0.0.0 offers.bittorrent.com

0.0.0.0 services.bunndle.com

0.0.0.0 cdn.ap.bittorrent.com

0.0.0.0 beta.bundles.bittorrent.com

0.0.0.0 67.215.246.203

0.0.0.0 67.215.246.204

0.0.0.0 82.221.103.245

http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/92962-stop-just-stop/#entry494035