Internet & localhost connection chokes on using uTorrent

amsharma

Hello,

I am using uTorrent 3.4.1 on Winx XP SP3. The moment I start utorrent even my local browsing stops responding and becomes dead slow (I have a webserver - Apache). My internet connection also becomes dead slow even if I am not downloading anything and just seeding. These things never used to happen in older version of uTorrent. I don't know what changes they have done but now I can't use uTorrent because it affects my local work too. Earlier I could browse internet at decent speeds and seed without problem when I was just working locally on my laptop. Now, if I start uTorrent, neither can I browse internet nor local website running on webserver.

If I just start uTorrent, it seems to hog all bandwidth even if no upload or download is happening. Don't know what its doing? I remember reading about changes to uTorrent that it will reduce bandwidth for downloads when user is browsing by dynamically detecting that - is that working or is that what could be the issue.

Regards, Amal

I use AVG Free 2012 Anti virus. It has some component called "LinkScanner - protects from web based attacks when you surf internet". It has an option to "Enable Surf-Shield" - currently enabled. I disabled and checked, no improvement. With no downloading happening it still doesn't open any local websites - dead slow.

Apache is running on port 80. AFAIK uTorrent doesn't run on that - Preferences has 32527.

I wanted to add. Even if I close uTorrent, things don't improve much. I have to disable Wifi and re-enable it for browing to work again.

Amal

Archived