Password needed?!?!

GSman

I just started using this thing yesterday and after waiting 7 hours for a download, the game program torrent required a password to access it which I could get by participating in a survey! I clicked the link and found the survey website didn't exist! So I wasted ((7)) hours for NOTHING!!!! Is this kind of crap normal here?!?!

@ NevUK - Duh, I don't know! Just assumed it was through here! Need to pay more attention I guess, although uTorrent should maybe check who they allow to put things up!?!?

@Andreasvb - Will try, I guess!

Thanks!!

@ NevUK - Duh, I don't know! Just assumed it was through here! Need to pay more attention I guess, although uTorrent should maybe check who they allow to put things up!?!?

@Andreasvb - Will try, I guess!

Thanks!!

That is unlikely to happen...torrents come and go and some go dead...Ut is the software they aren't responsible to verify the torrents that is up to the person downloading the torrents to make the choice.

I just started using this thing yesterday and after waiting 7 hours for a download, the game program torrent required a password to access it which I could get by participating in a survey! I clicked the link and found the survey website didn't exist! So I wasted ((7)) hours for NOTHING!!!! Is this kind of crap normal here?!?!

I smell scam...and malware installations....As others mentioned go and buy the game software.

@PiusX - As I've said above, I just got here, so I'm not up on the ins and outs, ups and downs of "torrenting", but there are WAY too many idiots (in the world) running websites and ((totally aside from the possibly questionable morality and/or legality of the torrent)) considering the proliferation of scams and malware, if you can't trust a website to do what they have to to prevent the proliferation then maybe they shouldn't be running it!?!?  Or maybe people just shouldn't go there!?!?

Also.  I didn't see anyone else saying that, but, yeah, I'm sure the prequel to "Vietcong" (2003) (which I did buy years ago) isn't terribly expensive, and if I could find a copy of "Fist Alpha" (2004 ?) anywhere near me I certainly would buy it, however, that's highly unlikely, isn't it?!  So, if you can tell me where I can get a hard copy offline, I'd really appreciate that!!

And it's rather amusing to see someone on this website advocating for the purchase of software!! (heh)

And I REALLY apologize in advance for my English!!

Well try amazon they probably has someone selling the copies of those games you looking for. At least that way it is legit and no scams for you. Torrenting been going on for some time and sites come and go and good one come and go as well-so this isn't a new phenomen if you remember Napster aka File Sharing started the game rolling or made it more pronounced. So if there is anything to take from this anything so called free isn't free from malware or some kinda advertisments that go along for the ride. Ut is the downloading program only and is in now way responsible for torrents one download or upload they just provide the means to do so. Anything you get from Torrents requiring password unless they state on the download page should be regard as fishy to start with and possible malware infected. Purchasing is the best way from legit site to get a working genuine software and warranty support should it not work if it needs to be replaced-that is the main reason for purchasing software not because you can buy it - it's warranty and exchange should it not work. All other things aside that is up to you what you do with Ut no one here can tell you otherwise what you can once you download and install and start using Ut. Ut is the connection software and what you Torrent DN/UP is up to the user of the software-they provide the means and how you use it is up to the user.

Archived