Moving Files

Mominul

Hello, I am new to uTorrent. I am downloading a torrent that is saved on C:\ drive. It is my windows installation drive. I need to format the drive to get a new windows installation. So I need to move the torrent to new drive but how? Please give a solution! Sorry for my bad English :).

Thanks

Mominul

What you really need to do is make a folder for each operation you set for Ut.

1. Completed aka finished downloads to move to

2. Torrents - where download you saved to start torrents are saved to by Ut

3. Trash - folder where all finished torrents are sent to to clean out your Ut download folder directy

4. Download - folder where the torrents are currently downloading at to until they finish and sent to the Complete folder.

If you do these steps then you can move your torrents and saves without loosing them. But remember unless you have drive you need to restart each torrent but make sure your pointing it in the right directory so Ut can recheck/restart them again without having to start over. There alot more here but this is the really basics of it. I do this but I do have multiple drives so the Ut program resides on another drive thus when I reformat my Main C:/ - I won't loose any of my Ut settings. But also make sure to go to your user directory and in the apps hidden folder there will be a Utorrent folder this folder holds all your settings make sure to save this so when you reformat and reinstall and copy this data folder back your torrent will start where it left off. Remember this is really simplistic run it's more involved but to make it work you need a Tower that has two or more drives to perform this setup so you will not loose any torrents or data or the saved data folder for Ut.

Thanks for your feedback! I have finished the work very nicely. I take this steps -

1. Move the downloaded file to another place with ut.

2. Formatted drive and setup windows.

3. Re installed ut and add torrent and on the save textbox I give the path where I moved the file.

4. ut starts checking and downloading parts.

Thanks and sorry for my bad English :)

Mominul  

• 3 weeks later...

No problem this is something I found out the hard way when using Ut. Format my drive C: and lost my file and slowly learned need a second HDD for Ut files and program to run from that is what I did so if the main C: goes out Ut is safe on the second HDD with all the files but bad part is remember to copy your Ut folder in your User folder that will contain all your data that tells where to send the files to and how much is downloaded and what needs to be downloaded. And when you reformat and reinstall the software just copy the data folder "Utorrent" back into your user folder where the other one is but first delete the one created by Ut reinstall and copy it into that location and then you can restart Ut and you will be right back were you left off from and not loose any torrents in the process. Alot of stuff to digest but it's a learning process with Ut.

Archived