Where is my 'user/account' info kept in a torrent?

nglshmn

I always use the same torrent site to download and it keeps track of my download/upload ratio to reward me for seeding (as you'd expect).  Where is my user/account info kept in the torrent?

I have a couple of different user accounts depending on where I am or what I'm downloading, and one has a dangerously low ratio, where the other has a very healthy ratio.  I'd like to change 'ownership' of the torrents to the low ratio account to give it a bit of a boost.

I'm still seeding, and still from the same IP, but wanting to associate with a different account at the torrent site.  Any ideas?  Is the torrent somehow 'tagged' when I initially download it, with my user/account info?

Thanks.

Thanks.  So is the torrent site passed information as part of the seeding/peering process for each torrent, by uTorrent?  I'm trying to see if I can identify my account name somewhere.  Settings.dat certainly doesn't have it in clear text. 

For private trackers, at least the ones I've been using, the unique identifier is usually the tracker announce path.

Which means, you cannot by any means locate your username or password because the torrent is unique to you and can therefor be matched to your user on the site.

As an example, all my downloaded torrents from "Torrent Site X" will have this tracker:

https://tracker.torrentsitex.net:11223/oxauh23auwj3naksuhdk1k/announce

If someone else were to use my torrent file their activity would be tracked on my user.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for your help all.

My account/user information is indeed stored within the torrent.  When I download it from the torrent site they append my unique identifier (a 32-bit hexadecimal string) to the URL and port number of the tracker.  I downloaded the same torrent using different accounts and looked for the differences.  Unfortunately it needs to be properly binary edited (I can't just do it in notepad!).

Is there a way to then tell uTorrent to seed a specific torrent, rather than executing it and downloading again?  Can I point it at the original download directory for the original unedited torrent?

Thanks.

Archived