Installing latest build

pacmon

I downloaded the latest build (3.4.2 build 32549) and went to install it over my older build (32343).

I clicked through changing the install settings as necessary declined to check out the new bundle release and then was confronted with a seemingly impassable offer.

The offer is to install the utorrent toolbar. The only options are:

Standard Install (which offers no details)

Custom Install (which has sub options for 'Install the Toolbar' and a few others).

The buttons at the bottom offer only back and Agree & Install.

I do not wish to install the toolbar, however, even when unchecking 'Install the Toolbar' under Custom Install, the button at the bottom still says Agree & Install.

This is perhaps the route to take, but leads to confusion as to whether the toolbar will be installed or not.

I like utorrent a lot as a program, and I understand the need to promote other software as a way to help fund development, but having deceptive installation procedures

sours me on using utorrent. Past installers for utorrent have also had some deceptive install dialogs that were easier to decipher.

What is the clear path through this maze of offers that I don't want (I only ever want to install utorrent)?

I implore the developers to at least make it clear on how to decline offers as deceipt does nothing, but harm your customers.

I like utorrent a lot as a program, and I understand the need to promote other software as a way to help fund development, but having deceptive installation procedures

sours me on using utorrent. Past installers for utorrent have also had some deceptive install dialogs that were easier to decipher.

What is the clear path through this maze of offers that I don't want (I only ever want to install utorrent)?

I implore the developers to at least make it clear on how to decline offers as deceipt does nothing, but harm your customers.

My question is if a company pulls in a few millions annually and that does not include income from the crap that is supposed to be optional within Bittorrent/Utorrent then why do they really need to add scumware in the first place....Greed is the first thing that comes to my mind!

Archived