Saving to External SD Card

Coral1

• 2 weeks later...
My question is the same. Sorry I have no answer, here is what I have tried.

I bought the tablet to download files, and then transfer them for appropriate storage and usage using Bittorrentsync.

This is working well, except that I am always running out of space on the tablet so I have put in an external sd card.

When I run a torrent before I can download it lists the files and download options. It would seem that I here I could navigate to the sd card but it doesn't happen and I get download location issues.

So my question is the same, how can I get utorrent to download to the sd card?

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best,

BillZ

I'm able to browse around and save to alt locations without issue. If you're on kitkat, most devices wont allow you to save arbitrarily to the SD card, but you can save to a predetermined directory (and if you uninstall the app everything in that directory will be deleted by android..) some details in here: http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/84183-utorrent-android-faq/

KItsoran,

Thanks for the reply and the useful info.

I cannot navigate to the external sd card from within utorrent, I don't understand android enough.

What happens? I use magnet  and utorrent. In the main utorrent window I see the name of the download and "fetching torrent info". I double click on this, and eventually an "add torrent" window opens giving download location and files to download. The download location gives /mnt/sdcard/downloads/ ie my downloads file on the internal sd card. At this point I want to navigate to the external card.

I "up arrow" to mnt, click the folder extsd, then click the downloads folder on the external card and OK.

It says cannot write to this. I click add and it reverts back to the internal sd card.

Kitsoran, I don't know whether this is the kitkat problem you referred to, whether I haven't set the external card up correctly or .... gremlins.

I hope you can be of help.

Hope you are keeping well

Bill Z

I connected the tablet to my computer and saved a file to the sd card. I also copied a file from the internal card to the external card. When I disconnected as USB storage I could read both on the tablet.

I have Kingsoft Office installed on the tablet. I tried to save a text file to the extsd but the save button was not highlighted so I couldn't.  

I sometimes have a problem with utorrent. If it is running and I try to add a magnet it doesn't work. I exit utorrent and restart it. I then click the magnet again and it will be recognised, and the download process starts OK. With your libreoffice I tried it and it didn't work. A download was almost finished so I let it finish, emptied the downloads folder and tried again. I clicked the torrent link underneath the "download version" button but it would not start.

I then went back to download a magnet torrent and it worked.

What do you make of that lot??

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best,

BillZ

Honestly, not a clue. Seems like you're running into several bugs. At this point the only thing I can suggest is you uninstall and reinstall the app. It's possible it got into a weird state that's causing issues and uninstalling it, which will also remove all the settings for the app, might fix the issue.

Archived