Unable to download any torrents

Singularities

All of the torrents I have tried to download get stuck on "connecting to peers 0.0%."

This is what my trackers say:

DHT status says "waiting for announce..."

Local Peer Discovery says "working"

Peer Exchange says "working"

All of the other trackers say "Connection timed out."

I am running windows 8.1, using v3.4.2 of the utorrent client, and my ISP is DD Wireless.

When I run tests in the setup guide the results are "Port is open. Your network is properly configured." The only security software I use is windows defender along with windows firewall. I have allowed utorrent tcp-in and udp-in under the exceptions in my firewall. I have been looking for solutions to the problem for 3 days now and everything I have tried has not worked.

I have also tried downloading the open office software through their torrent and here are what the trackers say for this one:

DHT status says "waiting for announce..."

Local Peer Discovery says "working"

Peer Exchange says "working""

And the only other tracker says "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

I am beginning to think it is my ISP but first, is there anyone that could help me?

No my isp is not on that list. On the status bar it says waiting for login. That torrent worked! What could be wrong with the other ones?

All of a sudden today, I had the same problem.

With my PC than tried my Laptop and also had the same problem.

2 torrents hung with ‘connecting to peers’.

[DHT] waiting for announce & waiting to login.

Added ‘LibreOffice_4.3.0_Win_x86.msi.torrent’ and it started to download right away and then the other two torrents started to download.

Don’t know what could have caused this sudden strange behavior?

Anyway very happy to have found this post.  :)

I have a very similar problem.

I used to download torrents for a long time but now I strangely can't do it anymore. It's happening for several weeks. I unnistalled and tried other torrents softwares but the same happened. When I tried bittorrent it worked normally, but it didn't download anymore when I restarted the windows. Reinstalled utorrent and came here.

My ISP is not on that list. And I downloaded the torrent and it works. Here's what shows in the tracker tab:

libreoffice_tracker_by_timvithor-d7wbk4f

Here's the trackers info in the torrent I'm trying to download:

torrent_tracker_by_timvithor-d7wbk46.jpg

When I run the setup guide this is the info I get:

bandwidch_screen_by_timvithor-d7wbk4q.jp

BTW. I am experimenting this connection timed out in other situations too. It happens often when I play Team Fortress 2 in Steam and sometimes I get an error browsing with chrome. 

I am no tech guy and this situation is really annoying. I don't know if it's a problem with my router, ISP or something else. Can someone help me? 

• 2 weeks later...

Glasnost: Test if your ISP is shaping your traffic

Results for your host (c-174-54-214-181.hsd1.pa.comcast.net - 174.54.214.181):
Is your upload traffic rate limited?

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your uploads.

Is your download traffic rate limited?

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your downloads.

now what?

Glad to have found this post!

The last few days I started having trouble with my torrents, but I found out what the issue was.  I am vacationing in Europe

and I installed a VPN on my laptop so I could use amazon prime for watching movies.  I had the option to be able to

enable and disable at will very easily on my IPAD but it seems like it kept auto re-enabling on my lap top.  After

I uninstalled it the dth went from 0 to 474 so make sure you check your network settings and see if you option for VPN is

enabled.  You might have to disable it in order to get your torrents to download.

Thanks DreadWingKnight and Wirk!

I sent a mail to my ISP and looks like the problem was in their end. Everything is working now.

Thanks dudes!

:)

Vithor,

What did you say to your ISP when you contacted them? I'm having the exact same issue and want to contact mine to see if they can fix it on their end as well.

Archived