Problem for over a year now, please help

xwolven

Hi, I've hat this problem quite a long time now and I'm often looking in the forums for a solution but I never seem to find a thread describing my exact problem.  So finally I created an account here to try to sort this annoying issue out. 

This only happens on my Laptop, not my main PC.  But everytime I shut down Utorrent.  I cannot run the program again until I re-download and re-install the whole app again.  When I click on Utorrent, it just doesn't respond.  None of my torrents links will open Utorrent either.  I have to go to the website and download it again and re-install it every time i want to run Utorrent.  I've also tried with Bittorrent and it does the same thing on bittorrent.  I have to re-download it every time I want to use it, because the previous one will not load anymore.  I have about 8 copies of Utorrent on my system now, all with different filesizes and none of them will work until I download another one.  Has anyone else got this problem?  I've tried everything I can think of to get it to run again after shutting down.  Including running as Admin.  I'm using Windows 7.

I was having the same problem and i was told to Make sure that i exit Utorrent then wait 10min before turning off Computer. but sometimes that does not work, We just had power cut here so in same problem. Really irritating. Specially when torrent was nearly finished downloading. But try exiting first, and run torrents as administrator in properties.

I go days after shutting down Utorrent or Bittorrent and when I go to get a new torrent several reboots later one day.. nothing happens and I have to redownload and reinstall it again and then it works perfect.  All my old torrents come up in each program, but its still very frustrating having to reinstall every time. And as I said before, I did try running as admin.  BTW has that fix ever actually worked for anyone?  I've NEVER had an issue where something not working would suddenly actually work when I ran it as Admin.  That has never helped me with a single problem, but I keep trying it anyway..=/  This is such a weird problem that I haven't been able to find a single thread about it, over a year searching and giving up.

Archived