Windows 7 Firewall Problems

lord_bahamut06

i subscribe to an overseas VPN service, and am attempting to send all my torrent data through the VPN, and block all torrent data any time the VPN isnt connected. unfortunatly, the windows 7 firewall is being uncooperative. in my network places, i have my home network set to private, and the VPN set to public, so it should be a simple task to set the firewall to block Bittorrent from accessing the internet while connected to any private network. unfortunatly, i am unable to do this.

my entries in the windows firewall are set to block data from program "%APPDATA%\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe" on "any" protocol. even when selecting to block it on all types of networks (domain, public, and private, which should block all traffic indescriminatly), bitttorrent has full access to the internet.

to cover a few bases. yes the firewall is on for all network types. no i dont have multiple installs of bittorrent. yes i have the rules enabled. yes i have them both inbound and outbound. yes i realize this is a utorrent forum, but i was informed that the people of this forum are generally better at troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance.

the issue has been resolved. the windows firewall needs an absolute path. it automatticly puts "%APP DATA%/bittorrent/bittorrent.exe" as the path, but if you manualy type "C:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Bittorrent\bittorrent.exe" then the firewall works fine.

Thanks Anyway! I hope this helps someone in the future!

Archived