Port Forwarding for Multiple Computers?

Koesherbacon

Hello! I'm new when it comes to setting up Port Forwarding on my router, so I'm hoping some of you can help me.

I have a "Belkin AC1200FE Dual-Band Wireless Router" connected to our local TWC cable internet. I have the upgraded package, I typically see speeds around 2.8 M/S Down and around .3 M/S Up (or 22 Mbps Down and 2.4 Mbps Up).

Now I'd like to open a port (or group of ports) for Bit Torrent, which according to this page, should be a TCP port #6881 (unless it's already being used, which I doubt since I have never opened or forwarded a port in my life).

So, now here's my question.

I want at least 2 computers to be able to use this port we're going to open. I have my regular laptop as well as another older laptop that's hooked up to the TV for watching streaming Netflix, DVDs, etc. I would really love it if both computers could use the port we're going to open up, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

I know I have to go to 192.168.2.1 to get to the router's configuration, but once I'm in there I really don't know what I'm doing. It was easy enough to set up as a dual-band WIFI with both 2.4GHz and a 5GHz, but I have a feeling that setting up these ports will probably take a little bit more technical know-how. 

I also learned that each of these computers would have to have a Static IP address. I don't know what that means or how to set that up either.

So, I guess when it comes right down to it, here's my question:

Can someone walk me through how to open a port in my "Belkin AC1200FE Dual-Band Wireless Router" so that 2 or more computers can use it for their Torrents?

Thanks a lot! I will really appreciate any info you can provide me!

Archived