Transfers do not resume when wake from sleep if rate limit is applied to uTP connections

enigma9o7

• Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • uTorrent 3.4.2 (build 33870) [32-bit]
  • ISP Sonic.net
  • Windows 8.1 built in firewall/antivirus

If the Pref/bandwidth "apply rate limit to uTP connections" box is checked and computer is put to sleep, upon wake transfers do not resume.   This happens 100% of the time.  They just sit at status=downloading but with no download speed and upload speed like 0.2.-0.4 kB/s.    Additionally if I ad a new torrent via magnet link, they stay stuck at "Downloading Metadata".

If I exit and restart utorrent, transfers resume normally.

If I uncheck the rate limit, then sleep/wake works fine, but it maxes out my connection which makes my wife sad (as she can't use her phone/pc).   This has been happening quite a while (months), not just this version.

I first discussed this in troubleshooting forum which is how I learned the problem had to do with that uTP rate limit: http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/93110-utorrent-wont-resume-transfers-after-wake-from-sleep/

• 4 weeks later...

This problem still exists.  Not sure why it doesn't drive everyone else crazy besides me.   I've determined I can get it to resume again by setting download limited unlimited without exiting, but if I then set it back to something reasonable it slowly stops the transfer.  Exiting utorrent and restarting fixes it every time.

I think I have the latest, build 34309.  I'm not sure what steps you're referring to (sorry) but I already know how to workaround (by disabling rate limit on uTp connections) and how to make it work with a rate limit set (exit and restart µtorrent), if there's something else to try please remind me...

What is your point?  That doesn't fix anything at all.  The problem is that torrents dont resume after sleep.  If I stop all the torrents before sleeping, then there will be no problem because there's no torrents to resume.  If you unplug your computer, that'll avoid the problem too, but that's again besides the point!  Possibly possibly your suggestion could make it so that if I had a new torrent it starts, but I doubt it, and I'm not going to bother trying as there is no point.   Until it's fixed, I'll just exit and restart utorrent after wake.  If I really wanted to do something before sleeping (as opposed to stopping all torrents) I could just exit utorrent first, then restart after waking, but accomplishes the same thing.   And I didn't mention anything about DHT being stuck on Login, I don't even know what that means.

Archived