RSS feed not updating automatically

GTCrais

I've had this problem for a while now, don't even remember which uTorrent version it started with (currently using 3.4.2. 32126, 32bit) - the RSS feed doesn't refresh automatically. When I go rightclick -> refresh, everything works fine, and the torrents start downloading automatically, but it never refreshes on its own. I only use 2 feeds, if that matters.

Edit: in Advanced preferences, rss.update_interval is set to 15.

I tried everything. 

I have the same problem for a few months now.

I have about 8 different rrs feeds added. 

I have over 30 favorite tv shows, added to the downloader. Some are set to download everything from a specific feed, some are set to download specific torrents.

Before, the feeds were updated automatically, and everything was going ok.

A few months ago I noticed, that some episodes are missing. This become a problem more frequently.

Now, I have to manually update my feeds (rightclick-update all feeds) and then if a matching tv show came up, it started downloading.

But I have to do this manually, which is not quite automatic.

The feeds are obviously working, since after uptade they got populated, and they are all working.

I have tried to set a different update interval - no results.

I have tried to revert to a really old version - no results.

I have tried complete uninstall - no results.

I have tried re-format, re install windows - no results.

I have tried using the bittorrent client(basically a 99.99% copy of utorrent) - no results.

Now I have the newest version you can have. 34727

windows 7, 32bit.

Also, I just noticed it today, that I cannot add more than 2 feeds from the same domain: ex: www.domain.com/tvshow1-rss, www.domain.com/tvshow2-rss etc.

please help

guys,

I've tried a few builds of utorrent and here's the stats for rss automatic update (at utorrent startup):

31633 ok
32126 ok
32343 ok
32354 ko
32506 ko
32691 ko

after 32343 the refresh is bugged!

so according to this, If I roll back to 32691, and disable the function to update to newer versions, the auto update will work. Or I'm already pucked since I have used the new version, and I would have to enter everything again?

The automatic feeds update feature has been an issue for a while now....It's all in the hands of the Devs now but please don't hold your breath!

temporary workaround for feeds that don't show.

Where should we show the devs our not holding our breath...? :)

so according to this, If I roll back to 32691, and disable the function to update to newer versions, the auto update will work. Or I'm already pucked since I have used the new version, and I would have to enter everything again?

Where should we show the devs our not holding our breath...? :)

I have tested different build with the same feeds.. You can downgrade easily..

[emoji2]

Let me know!

Ps you have to downgrade to 32343, no 32691..

Have you check it with my "ultimate RSS startup test"

No... I do not have any need for Utorrent to start with Windows but that may be another layer...

I add an upcoming show to rss downloader and it starts downloading within minutes after the show airs (depending on the feed of course)..No fuss and no muss...So for basic use feeds do update!

So, you "basic use"is when you start your client manually every time you want something. Got it. My use-case (any many others) is - uTorrent starts when the PC starts.

In this case the RSS scanner simply is never being activated. Why don't you try that test and let us know if we are all just dreaming or not... ;)

So, you "basic use"is when you start your client manually every time you want something.

Why don't you try that test and let us know if we are all just dreaming or not... ;)

I know it's hard for you to believe but yes manual it is...

I never said the above problem never existed. Did I?

I did say the however the rss feed does update in my case scenario...

You really should get out of the habit of putting words in others mouths...That would be helpful!

P.S....I tried your rss test by setting utorrent build (34944) to start with Windows...logged off, logged on and my feeds were populated and updated (Vista 32 bit).

I did not  put anything in your mouse... The point was  to clarified, that you declaration that "34944 works for you" was - for YOUR use case - manual activation. So, not to confuse others (starting it with Windows) to try it and get disappointed. Simple enough.

Started fresh with build 34727...Deleted all .dat and .old files in Program Files directory and added my customizations including 6 rss feeds....
Setup to start with windows...log off and log on....
Each Rss feed were populated with an updated list after Windows restart.

Image below shows rss feeds after Windows start!

QtH5BmQ.jpg

Archived