uUTORRENT KEEPS CLOSING ITSELF

Qefucan

I dont know why, but after several months, utorrent is still quietly closing itself in the middle of the night after i leave it to download. I cant do anything without it closing on its own. I come back the next morning or check on it during the night, and i go to the utorrent icon in my system tray, and as soon as my mouse hovers over the icon, it disappears, letting me know that the program crashed long ago. And when i restart utorrent, it has to sit there and "check" every download, and some of these downloads are 100gb so it takes a reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly long time to check them, and i haft to do this 5 times a day.

This is my third post in the last year about this issue and still it persists. The only reason im bitching about it is because when i try to use other bit torrent programs they dont work at all or are shitty. Please make utorrent stop closing itself.

I've had this problem for several weeks now. Check in the morning on my SBS2008 machine and find only a vestigial tray icon. Of course that's just a glitch with MS's system tray, µTorrent is in fact not running at all. But no error messages or anything apparent. Nothing in the Windows Application Event logs. Is there an error log someplace in µTorrent where I can check for clues? I looked in Logger but that appears to only have the normal boot-up entries.

I also have a problem in that my RSS feeds will stop updating at some point for no apparent reason. Again no clues in the Logger.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes... I have exactly the same problem right down to the icon that disappears when I mouse over it. It's very annoying since I have most of my downloads automated and they can't start if uTorrent isn't open. I also have BitDefender for my antivirus and have added exclusions for utorrent and allowed it in everyway within BitDefender. I don't really want to get rid of bitdefender since I paid money for it.

I have looked through the Event Viewer in Windows 7 and can't find anything about uTorrent. In the hidden folder AppData/roaming/utorrent there are a number of .dmp files but I don't know how to read them I open them in notepad and there's nothing. Not even gibbersh. They are all 0 KB too. They don't say crash or anything. For example the file would be: 34944-utorrent.6785.dmp .

Help would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 months later...

hi guys

i have this problem since one week and i think with the 90% this is derived from bitdefender antivirus. i had in my previous version before formatting my pc avast and i downloaded with utorrent without problem 24/24.

since one week after formatting my pc i decided to change antivirus and install bitdefender for try it, and for some unknow reason after 6-7 hours utorrent seem crash itself without no reason and i can't figure out how it's possible but after i read this topic maybe is really that antivirus the problem.

I had a doubt about coz my sistem is clear and the only change that i made is the antivirus, now i am almost sure is bitfender.

someone of you guys use that antivirus??

• 1 month later...

I have this problem, but I don't have any antivirus installed on my uTorrent box...

I've worked around the issue by having a script poll running processes, and relaunch uTorrent when it can't find it.

I think my problem is related to the shier volume of torrents I have loaded (aprox 2000). Though it crashes less frequently since I enabled resume.enable_resume_dir and resume.dir_only.

Archived