uTorrent respects proxy settings for peer exchange and DHT?

mentalist

I read somewhere that the older versions of utorrent do not respect the proxy settings which will cause an IP leak when using peer exchange and/or DHT.

Has this been fixed in the later versions or anyone know any details about this

Based on what??? No links or whatsoever to confirm this.

That's funny, the thread asks if anyone can confirm this and you ask me to confirm it and put links?

Just an FYI: uTorrent does NOT respect your proxy restrictions when it comes to stuff like DHT and peer exchange.  This is a known issue in older versions, and I don't know if it got fixed in later versions.  I still use 2.2.1, but have have a firewall rule in place blocking traffic to/from uTorrent that aren't to PIA IPs.  The method to put rules like that in place will be different depending on your firewall, but rather straightforward.

That's funny, the thread asks if anyone can confirm this and you ask me to confirm it and put links?

Funny,,,you asked but failed to notice you said "I read somewhere that the older versions of utorrent do not respect the proxy settings which will cause an IP leak when using peer exchange and/or DHT." and never said where or how you found what you read from for others to know where your coming from????

Funny,,,you asked but failed to notice you said "I read somewhere that the older versions of utorrent do not respect the proxy settings which will cause an IP leak when using peer exchange and/or DHT." and never said where or how you found what you read from for others to know where your coming from????

"read somewhere", does not mean its a news story or is confirmed..

then you come in and ask for "confirmation". I didn't fail to notice anything

"read somewhere", does not mean its a news story or is confirmed..

then you come in and ask for "confirmation". I didn't fail to notice anything

another troll...if your wanting help you need to first provide where your reading such stories...as your first part eludid to start with initially. Go back and read that.

Archived