RSS Save location

solaralchemist

I have been using utorrent RSS downloading for year with out any issues.

Utorrent is on a win 7 machine witch basically is only tasked with downloading and other minor network operations.

I have a synology rackstation, where all the downloads go dirctly into (TV Show/ season).

Suddenly, last week noticed that the RSS downloader wasn't doing its thing, so i checked the RSS feeds all of them were showing that their are episodes to download but they weren't being download. I checked all the settings everything was exactly they wait it's always been and i couldn't figure out what was wrong.

When i was going to add a new RSS download, and clicked the save location so it can go direct to the server like it always had i noticed i could see the server or any networked computers availabe. Which was strange since this is how I've been doing my saving for years.

Not only that but when i go to file explorer or any other area all network devices are showing up.

So I'm seriously at a loss as to what changed.

anyone have any clue where the problem could be cause I've racked my brains and am out of ideas

I'm using the free version.

I can't check build number right now. But i used the built in update checker yesterday and it said no new updates so I'm assuming that I have the latest version.

Also this did happen after I had updated to a newer version. But i was so far behind on updates i couldn't tell you which version it was working under.

Someone please help

You might be able to see the build # (old and new) in the ./updates subfolder. when you select  the "rss feeds" on the left pane, do you see anything?  RSS seems to simply not be auto-activated in the new releases for some people...

I'll check on build#s when i get home.

Regarding the rss feeds on the left i have all my feeds visible and all the feeds do have episodes showing in them.

The problem isn't technically fromm the rss feeds, it's in the rss downloader section.

In the RSS downloader setion i used to go to each item say the TV show (CSI) and make a custom save loction. Which was

//192.xxx.x.x/TV Shows/CSI/Season x

Where the IP represents my Synology

This way each new episode is downloaded directly to its respective folder without me having to do anything.

Hover now when i try to make a a new custom location i don't see any networked computers when trying to select the download location. Moreover the previous rss download jobs won't fuction because utorrent can't see the other computers on the network.

And this is confusing the hell out of me because I can see and access the network computers everywhere else on the machine (file explorer, and other app.)

I feel so ignored :/

At least it started auto-downloading again

Though i still can't creat a save to //192.xxx.x.x/media/...etc

It can't see it when i want to creat the save location.

But ones which i have previously done are working ok.

I mapped the synology share to the windows machine that utorrent is on and was able to creat the new save location in RSS downloader through the mapped share.

I will see how it works

Still wish i could do the /192.xxx.x.x though

I'll throw my c2 in the hopes that one of them may help. I'm using a NAS too but not a Synology and, as a test, my primary server uploaded to the NAS just fine. As a disclaimer, I'm not some networking guru. I just fiddle with my hardware until it works. For what it's worth, the troubleshooting tips are fairly safe and easily reversible with very minor preparations.

Here are the steps that I would try.

1. I'm not sure if it's the same as your mapped share solution but, If it's a matter of not seeing your NAS in the network, maybe you should map your NAS as a local Drive/s so as to work-around a network visibility issue. Admittedly, I don't know how that would affect your file structure. Perhaps you could map each folder as a drive.

2. Instead of using an IP address, perhaps your Synology has a domain name as an alternative. you could try to manually set the destination.

3. Change your NAS's IP address. (subnet issues?)

4. Authentication. Some NAS's may not be accessible until you manually authenticate out of the uTorrent.

Also, for testing purposes, would your RSS Downloader function as normal if you set a local drive as a destination? if it can, then it's probably network issue and not a uTorrent issue.

Hope this helps.

Archived