I want to be able to get notifcation sound when torrent is added!

techmanc

Hi

My first time poster here I and I love this  program but I not seen way to add a notifcation sound when adding a torrent.

The way I have my program setup window pops up after adding my first torrent and then just sits on the system tray which is exactly the way I wanted it setup for me.

Once I add additional torrents there no way to know if torrret was added unless I reopen program window.

I saw a way to add sounds for when torrents finished but nothing to do what I wanted.

If this aleady has a fix for that I was not able to find it checking here and though google. So how can I get this to work?

If progams does not have that ability can or will it be added. It annoying to when d/l multiple torrent and keep checking to see it there added.

I dont want to use the annoying to me geting popup window for each torrent the way program used to be setup. Any other  suggestion I  would check out

TIA!

I'm not sure if this could work, but have a look in the help file (F1) utorrent.chm
Search there for "run-program.cmd" and do some tests with the "%P" "%S" value in combination with the status "6".

I didn't test it, but could work :)
If yes, please post your solution ...

So, I did some testing myself:
I added (in uTorrent --> Settings --> Advanced --> Program Start) the line:

"PlaySound.vbs" "%S" "6"

Here you can get the file inside a .zip.

Put the .vbs in the %appdata%-folder (where the utorrent.exe is).

Also included is a .wav file which I used - you have to edit the .vbs for location/path of the file or choose your favorite.

This sounds now (atm) on every status change of a torrent. Up to now I didn't get it working for a torrent adding status - but better then nothing :)

PlaySound.zip

I'm not sure if this could work, but have a look in the help file (F1) utorrent.chm

Search there for "run-program.cmd" and do some tests with the "%P" "%S" value in combination with the status "6".

I didn't test it, but could work :)

If yes, please post your solution ...

So, I did some testing myself:

I added (in uTorrent --> Settings --> Advanced --> Program Start) the line:

"PlaySound.vbs" "%S" "6"

Here you can get the file inside a .zip.

Put the .vbs in the %appdata%-folder (where the utorrent.exe is).

Also included is a .wav file which I used - you have to edit the .vbs for location/path of the file or choose your favorite.

This sounds now (atm) on every status change of a torrent. Up to now I didn't get it working for a torrent adding status - but better then nothing :)

attachicon.gifPlaySound.zip

Thanks for posting the file it work great and it let me know when torrent is being d/l and when its finished which as something I saw earlier when looking for my solution here.

That help on that end too as while i disable the popups on tray to see the completed torrent I prefer not to use that option either so now I will know when ythe torrent is starting :) and finished :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived