Unknown MAC address

Maliloquy

I'm dL'ing a file running 200kb/s download speed, and as I was monitoring connections, I noticed that another MAC address came up on the list of connected clients on our WiFi. I was wondering if this address is from the uTorrent client running, or from our neighbor who happened to have found out our router password again? if in the case this is from uTorrent, will speed be affected if I deny access from the address in question?

Thanks in advance for your helpful responses.

I'm dL'ing a file running 200kb/s download speed, and as I was monitoring connections, I noticed that another MAC address came up on the list of connected clients on our WiFi. I was wondering if this address is from the uTorrent client running, or from our neighbor who happened to have found out our router password again? if in the case this is from uTorrent, will speed be affected if I deny access from the address in question?

Thanks in advance for your helpful responses.

And if you didn't turn on your router password then they got free wifi at your own expense...so turn on the wifi password and change the router name and they will be blocked. So do this now or face your ISP terminating your internet if they do unsavory internet access with your internet. This is something most users never think about til they see someone getting free internet. Also this is most likely all the reply help coming your way the rest is up to you as this is beyond that scope of discussion related to ut software itself.

Archived