Magnet Link Corrupted

elixir0219

From Chrome and Safari, when I click on a magnet link from multiple sources, I get a message that the file is corrupted and cannot be opened. I tested magnet links that I opened fine 12 hours ago and I get the same message. I'm wondering if it's a problem on the sources' end.

Downloaded .torrent files of the same file open fine.

I'm using uTorrent 1.8.6 for the Mac on 10.10.

Since yesterday (Sunday 16th November 2014), I have the very same problem.

Thinking that it was a configuration (setup) issue, I "torrented' OpenOffice, which worked just fine; but that was directly off their website.

The problem seems to be specific to torrent websites, like piratebay.

Never used the site, kickass torrent, before; but did so just to see if the same problem occurs.

Yes, it did.

It appears to be a pervasive problem common to many uTorrent for Mac users.

uTorrent techincal support, please help.

The following was posted by jclayt which works but is really not ideal but it works:

"I have been having the same issue.  The way I got around it was to turn off the "Display window with torrent details" option in the General Preferences.  This is not really a total fix, but it allows you to use magnet links." 

uTorrent technical support, please help fix this issue properly???

Nov 16 it stopped, I tried Kickass, clicked on the Magnetic download and my system told me

the Web Page cannot be displayed, It happened on Pirate Bay, EZ Torrents and Torrent Hound.

All torrents sites -  magnetic links did not work. It happens on my Mac and it also happens

on my PC Vista desk top and my Win 8.1 laptop. Internet explorer. Mozilla and Google too - No

torrents worked... Mac users are not alone. It is like a conspiracy... Maybe the Law has finally

caught up and blocked them like ISO torrents was closed by Feds. What a bunch of Nazi's as

if movie producers and actors are not making enough money. Pay big once again for any good

Visual entertainment... TV is shot, too many reality shows and paid programming chocking the

airways. If I see another Pawn slob program I am going to scream... I think the Peer to Peer

sharing is on it's way out now -  Just like Limewire...    

Archived