uTorrent traffic via VPN only

medoos

Hello,

If I am connected to the internet via a VPN connection.

How can I make sure that ALL the trafic of the utorrent is performed via the VPN connection without leaking through my original internet connection?

thanks!

Did you notice there was someone that posted something similiar to your question. It might or might not work but worth reading...

http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/92174-torrenting-via-vpn/

That was not related to the topic, however, I found it so helpful know about it.

Thank you!

You always google search your question cause from what I seen and read here VPN is a stickler for utorrent. Most I would recommend a Proxy but then again that will be your choice.

You would have to remain on the VPN the whole time, unless you have two internet connections.

However; the ISP can monitor your traffic, it's pretty obvious if you are downloading torrents, they can see the bandwidth being used.

You ~could~ create a virtual machine in Oracle VirtualBox that is connected to the VPN, and run the torrents in the virtual machine. I don't know how that would appear on the ISP's end. 

I believe that a nice improvement to the utorrent would be having an option to download/upload when vpn is connected only.

I found this feature in vuse.

Really why....that is up to the user You ... if you get legit files in utorrent you have nothing to worry from your ISP and if you do otherwise then that your own fault. It's common sense...

Really why....that is up to the user You ... if you get legit files in utorrent you have nothing to worry from your ISP and if you do otherwise then that your own fault. It's common sense...

Privacy is about just PRIVACY. Why do I need to allow others to know anything, including the legit files, I am downloading?

Otherwise, the VPN itself is a useless services.

Archived