Questions about Security/Privacy (Deluge + TorGuard VPN)

sjulia

I apologize if this has been explained elsewhere, but I haven't been able to understand much of the language and settings I've found from searching/google regarding my client and VPN.

I'm using Deluge (v. 1.3.10) and the TorGuard VPN service to anonymize my activities.

I followed the instructions on the TorGuard website to set up the Proxy preferences in Deluge. I also have the TorGuard program on my computer (little icon in task bar for selecting which connection I'm using and whether or not I'm connected).

Here's my question:

If I have Deluge set up for those proxy settings, do I need to remain connected to the 'Stealth 256Bit AES' connection in TorGuard as long as I'm downloading/seeding? Or does the proxy setting in Deluge automatically route all traffic to and from my computer to the TorGuard servers?

Again, I'm new to all this and really don't have all that good of a grasp on how torrenting/networking works which means I generally just check the boxes I'm told without understanding what I'm actually doing. I would like to learn, though, so if you have resources you can share to help me understand how the anonymizing stuff works, I would be greatly appreciative.

I apologize if this has been explained elsewhere, but I haven't been able to understand much of the language and settings I've found from searching/google regarding my client and VPN.

I'm using Deluge (v. 1.3.10) and the TorGuard VPN service to anonymize my activities.

I followed the instructions on the TorGuard website to set up the Proxy preferences in Deluge. I also have the TorGuard program on my computer (little icon in task bar for selecting which connection I'm using and whether or not I'm connected).

Here's my question:

If I have Deluge set up for those proxy settings, do I need to remain connected to the 'Stealth 256Bit AES' connection in TorGuard as long as I'm downloading/seeding? Or does the proxy setting in Deluge automatically route all traffic to and from my computer to the TorGuard servers?

Again, I'm new to all this and really don't have all that good of a grasp on how torrenting/networking works which means I generally just check the boxes I'm told without understanding what I'm actually doing. I would like to learn, though, so if you have resources you can share to help me understand how the anonymizing stuff works, I would be greatly appreciative.

Not sure how this is suppose to be a utorrent problem or why it should be. Maybe you should contact the makers of Deluge (v. 1.3.10) and the TorGuard VPN and ask them how to configure there program to work with utorrent. What your asking goes beyond the scope of utorrent itself and becomes up to the user to figure out their own setup and connections. This maybe sound over the top but it sounds like users using utorrent and then asking to fix their other software problems when it really becomes on the user to figure out their setups?

Archived