pixel.mathtag.com

BakedHippoToes

Hi, I have been using the free version of utorrent for many years now. Never once have I had a complaint. I don't mind the advertisments. I get that you have bills to pay. And I'am grateful to all the people that do pay for the non ad version.

Anyways tonight when I turned on my laptop ( utorrent starts automaticaly ) I got this popup that reads pixel.mathtag.com wants me to download a file or something. ( Didn't do it. ) I declined and thought no clue what that was good thing I didn't download it. lol

Like 15 minutes later it popped up again. So I ran my virus protection, and googled it. Turns out that its associated with web browsers and utorrent. So I eliminated the scource by closing my browsers and waiting. 15 minutes later it popped back up. Only thing I had open was utorrent...

Closed utorrent opened browser and came here to see if anybody else had issues with this. Turns out that a few people have. I'm wondering if there is a way to remove it.

Thanks for reporting the issue to your Ads department. Fortunately, I haven't actually said "Yes" to the popup dialog box asking to install the pixel.mathtag.com js file, so when I check my system using the info from the pixel.mathtag removal method I didn't find anything. But, this popup is definitely coming from uTorrent running on my system (as indicated by Task Manager). Hopefully, this malware will stop popping up soon.

Archived