Help writing batch file to save TV Show files to folders based on file name

janexm

Can anyone help with writing a batch file? I had look at doing this but it proved way beyond my limited capabilities.

What I'd like is a batch file for saving TV Show files, to folders based on the name of the file.

eg: RSS downloads this file: The.Fall.S02E02.HDTV.x264-FoV.mp4

Batch file identifies the ShowName and SeasonNumber from the file name and automatically copies the file to my media library D:\TV Shows\The Fall\Season 02 leaving the original file happily seeding until reaches its seeding goal and stops.

At the moment I achieve this by setting individual filters/save to locations for each show name in RSS downloader, but have to update the season folder number at the end of each season.

If someone were able to create a batch file to do this it would make the creation and editing of the RSS filters totally unnecessary.

Huge thanks to anyone who can help with this :D

Jane 

No worries I managed to sort it out, I couldn't figure out how to write a batch file to do this, so I wrote a little qbasic program to do it, seems to work fine apart from a slightly annoying cmd window that remains open until the file finishes copying, but as most of the shows that RSS grabs, seem to download whilst I'm sleeping, so I guess I can live with that :)

Archived