PLEASE help !!! ATT Data over-use !! Fixed Income !!

GuitarFiend

Can anyone please give me some tips on how to maybe limit utorrents data usage ? I'm with ATT and there are 2 pc's in the house with utorrent on them.We got a notice from ATT about overage ! :( :( :( I checked on their site and it said we had 2 days left in the bill period and that we had uploaded around 100 GB's and downloaded around 70.I immediately thought this was a problem with Utorrent.I went into preferences and SOMEHOW my upload rate was set to 46kb's !

I reset that to 1 kbs. I then set each individual torrents bandwidth upload rate to 1 kbs (I did all this on both pc's.I know this is low but,right now,I have no choice as I have no job and there is a fixed income in the home.Another thing I don't understand,is that when upload rate is set to 1kbs under preferences.....WHY when you look at each individual torrent does it say thast the upload rate is unlimited ???

Anyway.....I'd really appreciate some informed info on this.And,just for more informational purposes,my pc has 28 current torrents.And,the other pc has 16 current torrents.

Thank you all very much for any help !!

DWK-Thanks for your input ! I kind of figured out the global rate overriding the individual rate.I did not know that torrenting on multiple pc's could cause problems though.Particularly beyond data usage.May I ask what kind of problems ?  And,thank you soooooooo much for informing me about the transfer caps ! Do you think this could solve my issues ?

Again.....THANK YOU VERY,VERY much !!!!!

Archived