The trackers are blocked?

amalsk

Hey all.

I've got a problem recently. The thing is one of the trackers, when I download a torrent, doesn't work. It says connection timed out. It says the same for all the torrents. The tracker, FYI is udp://open.demonii.com:1337

The strange thing is that this happens only on my desktop and not on my laptop. On my laptop, it works fine.

Secondly, my other trackers (2-3) used to work fine until I updated it to the latest version. I reverted back to the old, but the trackers do not connect, except for one. Why is it so? Is my computer blocking any trackers?

Please help me.

Amal

I can't connect to demonii, publicbt and openbittorrent also. What are the other trackers that you can't connect to?

Same, except the only tracker working for me is something called istoleit or something. DHT and others work fine. Only thing is the trackers mentioned above doesn't. Thanks for replying, mcaspi!

istole also works for me. As long as this tracker and DHT work for you, you're ok.

It is some kind of a bug since this happened only after i updated my utorrent? I don't know why, but I would really love to have my other trackers alive. Hope it will be soon. :)

Anyone else has this issue?

Looks like we're the only ones. ISP interfering? :-)

I'm having the same problem as well. 

Here's a screencap.  http://imgur.com/ttLgppE

Any help will be appreciated. 

Your issue is not the trackers. If you're  a new user of uTorrent read the program's "Help" about how to set it. Open a new topic and give as many details as possible, how long you use the program, did this happen recently etc.

Looks like we're the only ones. ISP interfering? :-)

Your issue is not the trackers. If you're  a new user of uTorrent read the program's "Help" about how to set it. Open a new topic and give as many details as possible, how long you use the program, did this happen recently etc.

It started early this week. (11-26-14) 11-25 is the last time i was able to download anything. (i've downloaded more than the usual about 5 gigs. )  I'm starting to think comcast is blocking my torrent connections? 

I'm not a new user, and exact same settings I've used in the past decade is the same setting I've been using. I reinstalled the utorrent to see if that made any difference, and it didn't. 

it's always the same it tries to connect to trackers and DHT and others. (local peer discovery and peer exchange which works but nothing downloads)

I'm not sure of the issue mentioned above. All I know is there may be many people facing this issue, but hasn't noticed it yet or has found a solution?

Anyway, I know that my ISP will never block connections to specific websites for torrent related stuff. Atleast they didn't, until this problem occured. It was all fine until a few days back. Someone help us out! :)

seanincali, It looks to me that Comcast is the reason.

I replied to another thread dealing with the same issue, and my replies were deleted for some reason. in that thread somenone mentioned that peerblock listed the bittorrent Ip range in the automatic block list. I checked and it was listed as one of the blocked sites, so I had to add it to the permanently allowed list. And it started connecting to dht and exodus.desync.com 

The other trackers still don't connect. 

So now I'm not sure if it's comcast now. 

• 2 weeks later...

demonii - Leave it and add udp://195.154.200.190:1337/announce for now which is actually demonii.

This works for me.  Thanks.

It is safe to assume that peerblock is hostile to p2p application operation at this point.

Changing Options>Preferences>Advanced>ipfilter.enable to 'false' made no dfference for me.  Do you need to restart program?  I didn't do that, just changed tack and applied above solution.

Archived